Monday 6 June 2011

ReChunked: The Almost Move

In my old Alpha world, my main world, I decided to up and move to a new chunk via a portal. The reason is, I just wasn't getting any animal mobs any more. Having previously removing some of the lights of the outside of the mountain base home, I had returned some of them, but still wasn't getting not one single, sheep, cow or chicken! I know I had my dogs for company but I missed sheep (For wool) and piggies (For pork.) So on 31st May, I i went around my mountain base/home taking down alot of the torches. (Except the ones up trees, ceremonial - on graveyards, and jack o lantern lampposts.) As my home descended into minimal lighting round the exterior, I continued inside, removing torches until the rooms were each enveloped into darkness, and too one last look around. I was listing to a long playlist of music on windows media player, so during the bedroom light removal, a slower song came on, and it became quite depressing taking all of the torches down! I was planning to seeing if i went through the portal, my doggies would teleport to me once I got to the new chunk, they didn't. I also lost 12 out of the 20 on the way.
















After finding a suitable mountain I began a new build, a new mountain base in a new chunk, but the mountain wasn't that epic. And more and more I just wasn't gelling with it. As it was night I decided to take one last look at my old base. I died via a creeper on the way back to the portal. Having lost the map for that world it was over 5 minutes by the time I found the new home, and I had lost what little I had. (All i took with me was a compass, a clock and 1 torch.) I realized no matter how much i try and l;eave, my old chunk, I never can, I'm too stuck on this place. I returned home and returned the lighting again - although mostly inside. I've hardly put any lighting outside this time, and the animals have returned. Either it's due to the animal mobs spawning in low light (new from 1.6 onwards) or the old chunk has reloaded, but I was very happy to once again have cows, chickens and sheep roam my land.



I then experimented with long grass via bonemeal on my old Alpha home. Before, I wasn't too concerned about long grass (having a farm up and running already) - but I thought I'd try it out the front of my mountain base/home. I have tried it for the first time (1st June) and, I don't know what i was expecting - maybe just a couple of sprigs of grass, but was very surprised to see a nice little patch with flowers. I trimmed it down to 4 sprigs of grass (Seeing as I wasn't expecting a patch of wild grass) and am now seeing if it will spread.Meanwhile I did another two little patches elsewhere and three in the private garden which really helps it look more garden-y now. Haven't been doing much else except: Built a diving board for the pool, made a clone of the world and TNT'd the mountain base home - Wasted Sunday away rebuilding the mountain on the clone world (Not as a base/home but as a mountain) and building a brick home where the pool is. (Didn't keep that save.) I have also finally managed to successfully install single player commands, so I can use the fly mode. (I will not be using it however to spawn items/materials or animals/mobs or use it in any way to enhance the world falsely.) Using the fly mode, it has enabled me to get to hard places, so I have also "roofed" the outside of the bedroom and outside the back door of the bedroom.

The new location of the "Would be" new home".



Oh yeah, since getting all these animal mobs back in my chunk, I had the wool to finish the lines of the tennis court btw,


At the moment I am growing grass up to the dirt by the side of one of my bay windows by the door. I built this layer up level to the glass from the lava to hide the floor inside - visible from the outside.


Also, before I got rid of my clone World2, I did admittedly have fun trying out some of the commands (Seeing as it didn't matter on that world), like explode, spawning animals and mobs. It was fun. I first spawned a chicken, then I thought - "What if I /spawn chicken 64?". It was hilarious. Spawning 64 skeletons was too, within a second they shot each other, where I was surrounded. I got away on half a heart and the skeletons had halved their size where they had shot each other then turned on one another and fought.

So that's about everything really.

Onwards, and upwards..






No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts