Friday 24 June 2011

YOGMods & The GreatGreen Tavern

Yesterday, I was watching a video from the Yogscast, and they've released the YogBox. A work-in-progress compilation mods collection that's easy to download with no viruses or Malware. You just click on one thing once extracted and it installs all mods making it much easier where the mods individually were sometimes a nightmare to install.


Full details can be found: Here

No I've seen these mods on a lot of videos but the only mod I've ever installed is the SinglePlayerCommands one, so this is much easier. This is my first ever experience, so it was a little daunting. The Millenaire NPC villages are very fun! One started right near my spawn. (I started a new world for it.) The more you sell to them, the more they expand the town, I like that! Right now I'm trying to get their 400 logs they need. I love the birds, the foxes, deer, antelope, rabbits, horses, I even saw a cat!


As the sun went down I built a temporary dirt hut, with not enough materials for a roof, and the full intention to turn it into a wooden building like the NPC ones when I had the resources. As I began to sit the night out I heard a deep growl, as I peeked outside my door, (I at least had a door!), it was a wolf! I wasn't sure where it was at first and it scare the living shit out of me! Eventually I found they are easy to kill so they became less scary, but then there are the werewolves... They are nasty! And vicious. As well as incredibly strong! Nothing could prepare me for when I stared digging down into the ground though. I began stairs down into a cave, but it wasn't until the second Minecraft day I reached a full cave from my man-dug stairs.


There was ice down there! This is something Notch needs to do - biome caves. They are wicked awesome sauce. Ice underground is a brilliant idea, especially as you can't put a torch on it so you have to find a natural block near it. Lots of fossils in the ground as well which is great for a supply of bones. What wasn't good was the ogres! And something that looked like a white creeper in a suit... I've since learned this is Israphel from the infamous series. (Highly recommended to watch btw!) It really brings exploring to ground to life and makes it much, much, MUCH, scarier! Nearly shit a brick seeing a wraith. Funny thing is apart from the Israphel extra, all the rest I've seen in videos I watch so I should be used to them! But watching and playing is two very different things! It's not until you're against them, that you really experience it.






Back on my main world..
had the idea to build a pub, a tavern. I did this on a previous Multi-player server, but as that server no longer exists (As it was), I've decided to do it on my world. I did consider putting it on the same lad as the multi-player house, as this was a multi-player building I built, but I really wanted it nearby in my grounds. Wasn't sure where to build it at first but then had the perfect place, just round the corner from the pool/tennis courts.




I've had to flatten more land, next to the mountain walls by the pool, so that I could get a nice flat land. The flat grassy land to the other side of it will be a nice little garden area. It took a while as I lost my Diamond tools (Again), and I have no SinglePlayerCommands again because this needed a fresh Minecraft for the other mods and the other side.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts