Wednesday 20 April 2011

Mega Post II

So this was meant to be a small post about how I was having a small break from my old alpha world - world2, (Yeah, that didn't last long with 1.5), and how I returned to the docks on my Beta world on World3, but I never got round to posting that. Maybe it's just as well as I was idly going about things. Since then 1.5 (and subsequently the patch 1.5_01), has been released, so I have too much to post now!


So yeah I was having a small break from my Alpha world, world2, and the changing rooms by the swimming pool. Whilst on the break, I returned to my Beta world and the docks. I did flatten the new shops I started to create. They were too flat looking at the front and there wasn't enough room to build there really. I t would have spoiled the landscape building up the land with dirt that high to build them. I have also decided - not, to go ahead with the hotel. I don't think it's really needed for a docks and a fishing port. In it's place will be where the shops can be found. I'm still trying to decide the look however. I have begun the captains quarters however and was very inspired by this picture:



I really like this place! So I've decided to build something similar, the frame is currently being built and what I shall be continuing with for a while:




Minecraft 1.5
Released with different tree saplings, power boosters for rail, achievements and weather, which not only sees the return of snow, but rain, thunder and lightning! The last I have been dead excited for! After doing a few achievements on my Alpha world, I made a new world to fulfill some of the other ones, just a temporary one though, and not one I've kept. It was in this world I got my first taste of rain - and it absolutely pissed down! I wandered for a while to a snow biome as I was desperate to see falling snow again, oh how I have missed it! After a bit of an explore I went back to my Beta world and was wandering back from the docks when I about a dozen - or just under, wolves! I nearly jizzed. With 17 bones on me and only managed to tame 5 as the last one was a greedy little bastard who took at least several bones to tame. I think I've got 14/15 in that world now. Back on World 2, the Alpha mountain base/home, I attempted to ride a pig off a cliff! Silly pigs, they're so stupid, so close to the edge then turning the opposite way. Believe it or not I had never ridden a pig until then. It just never appealed to me. Now I realise just how inane and boring a pigs life is in Minecraft!

This post was going to say I had no luck with weather on any of my pre 1.5 worlds, not even my beta 1.4 world, but that changed later on. I put the first Alpha world, with the sky-bridges, back into the saves folder and had a little wander, nice to have a little reminisce on my first full world. I left it on and went to lay down on the couch for a bit in case any weather turned up, but I started falling asleep. The volume wasn't high, but high enough, enough to wake me up when I heard a deep rumble. Slightly confused and dozy from sleep, I looked across and saw the storm on my World1! Thunder and lightning! Not only was it enough to wake me up, but enough to spring me off the sofa and watch for a while! I was beginning to worry some Mincraftians were right with their concerns about no weather on their own world.


Morning Interruptions
In the morning I returned to my Alpha mountain home/base, and had an idea to turn my water emergency exit into something more easier with rails.. It also mean I could try out super-powered boosters. During this however I was was disturbed by a deep rumble and HSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS No, it wasn't a creeper! Rain had finally come to World2. The hissing was because of the rain falling into the lava fall that flows outside the front of my mountain base/home.




I have also built up my dog home as I have even more of them on this world too. (After an adventure travelling to another opposite island and seeing many doggies on a small Island I had passed on the way. I lost my stuff solving fighting off the spiders and skeletons, and when I spawned the two I had spawned in the house with me! I found more after also.). The pen for the doggies was getting far far to cramped, so after finding out my pet slime had de-spawned, I dismantled the slime hut and used that space to extend the dog pen.

I did finish the two-rail emergency escape, and I have also removed the floor lighting outside like I said I might do. The only exception being on the sand out the front amongst the cacti. As I write this, I failed to bring birch saplings back from another island (The one I was at earlier) after I left it too long to get back and lost my stuff on the way back due to mobs at night. I went back though and have literally just finished turning the upper section of the tree farm into a birch tree farm. So now I have a regular tree farm and behind it in the upper farm is now all birch. I am thinking about changing the trees around my base to all birch? This is what prompted the farm, but I'm not sure on this idea yet.

Here's a picture of the extended doggie home and a little plaque pillar I made:



So that is that, band up to date - to the minute.


Footnote: As I was uploading these photos I came across a lost picture of the first ever world I attempted! It never lasted or became long term. I built a home on top of a mountain and realized it was quite a trek down to the bottom each time to get resources, so I dug into the mountain and created a stairway all the way down! (or it would have been) It was so long and deep I used to call it the stairway.... to Hell! Unfortunately, it's not a good photo with the pause screen over it:

What is interesting though is the version. It was back in Alpha, version V1.1.2_01. I've checked wiki and that came out September 23, 2010, so I have been playing it since late September as I suspected. World1 - with the sky-bridges, the earliest screenshot also shares this date, so World1 dates back at least to September 23rd 2010 also. World2 - The earliest screenshot is from 1.2.0 in Alpha but that's when I had to change the lava fall out the front to water, so I had been playing it a little while before then. So I must've started the second world, sometime between 23rd September 2010 and October 30th - the Halloween update.

Oh how I wish I had started the blog back then! But to find out roughly when these world were created is great news!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts