Monday 13 June 2011

Slideshow and... Return Yo Mount DOooooom!

Recently after completing the World2 gallery, I ended up making a slideshow of the world:


After doing this I watched one of my other video, "Across The Bridge", which I made for someone who requested it, and got nostalgic. Nostalgic for Mount DOooooom. As some of you
may or may not know, I accidentally deleted this world during February whilst playing with the seed generator. Stupid me didn't back up recently and I lost two weeks of work - on top of the mountain and a lot of work on Mount DOooooom. Finally, I have decided to pick the idea back up. First order of the day was to restore the stairs, partially blown up by a creeper the last time I was there taking the torches down. After restoring some torches also, I planted all the trees on the plains below - again, just like last time:



Having the flying mod on SiglePlayerCommands helps alot this time both with building and placing torches. So as we left it with the old texture pack it looked like this:


When doing the modern update, I didn't refer to the older pictures and did it off memory, the top of the tower is now different, but different in a good way. I had to rebuild the lost walkway and square fort section again but it didn't take that long:









And this is the pic I took just now:


I would like to make that flat side more 3D, but, I dunno. Need to think about how. Maybe it will just form naturally as I do it. The tower section looks a lot more detailed this time and a lot more interesting style wise I think. Maybe eventually I'll fulfill the original dream with the lava puring down the front and burning the trees. I'd love to sculpture the grounds around the trees with cobble & stone, lava lakes, maybe slow/soul sand. Try and make a epic terrifying wasteland? yes, no?













No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts