Sunday 13 March 2011

Roof. Lofts and.. Water Basements?..

I think it was around Thursday(?) I finished the roof finally, adding another couple of rows up from the previous pictures. When I took those last pictures by the way, it was the first time I had stepped back and looked at what I had done and how the roof was coming. So I was even impressed myself!


I decided not to make the roof join up into a traditional point as originally intended, as that would mean being the roof being very high, which would look silly. In the end I just just went for a flat roof, which meant I could have some skylights to help both floors on the inside for lighting. It also meant, because of the roof, I have a.. sort-of loft!








All I have to do now is work on the interior rooms, I have a kitchen and open-living basic office that joins the bedroom, But there are two more rooms upstairs I'm not sure what to do with. Downstairs I have the main living room to finish - which means finding more lapis lupis(?) for the rest of that blue carpet! There's also another room with a log/wooden floor I have no idea what I'm going to do with. This house was always going to be functional, not just and empty shell with empty rooms.

I've also had to dig underneath my storage room as there's not much room for more chests and all the dirt and cobble I have! It happens when you mine alot and level hills! I already have some mossy cobblestone from a dungeon so I lined most of the floor with that and changed the walls to cobble stone for full basement effect, and because of how much cobble stone I have! There's not much point posting a picture of it. When laying the floor, or removing the old stone floor, I fell through.. and hit water. There was a water pool underneath! I have kept a little natural step down to it in-case I need access to water for a water bucket. It will come in handy - a natural finite supply of water under my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts