Sunday 19 June 2011

Watch-Tower - COMPLETE!

It really didn't take that long really. Added the finishing touches this morning. I'm really glad I chose to do it on a fence structure rather than make it a building. I was going to have fencing all the way down to the bottom but decided not to. The reason for this is the choice of block for the ladders, it was going to be stone, but I went for log in the end. It blends nicely with the fences and looks more natural too. I also ended up making the base out of log too instead of using fences all the way down to the ground. The pictures:







I really, really like the view from up here too as you can see! I think I might replace the torches underneath the windows with embedded Glowstone so you can get better views without the smoke rising up from said torches. Really pleased with how it's turned out, it's not too high, and not too fancy. I like it so much in fact, i'm going to build another! Here:


Have already started in fact:


Also whilst building Watch-Tower2, I am multi-tasking (Yes us men can!), and building a shrine to my old Multi-player house. I started this last night. I've built this house on two servers, on the first one - the owner sold the server without bothering to tell the members - bang, new world, all old stuff gone. On the second server I just built it (With a few modifications) as a holiday home in a nice area i found whilst travelling. However, when the server went live it was a different world, so no more holiday home - dock town where I lived, or the pub I created. I half expected the change anyway so wasn't really off-put at all. So now I am building it somewhere where it can never be destroyed! Rebuilding it as a replica, second version with the improvements, as a constant shrine to that multi-player home and the fond memory of those times on those servers.

I've just gone through my folders and apparently I didn't take any pictures when I recreated it the second time. :-/ Here's the original, original, back when I had the HD texture pack:










The second to last picture was the storage basement, also the stone in the bottom floor got turned to wood. (When I changed to painterly and the dark mahogany wood it all blended terrible with the wooden stairs.) In the second version, which I will be recreating, I had changed the wood walls on the bottom floor to sandstone that time, with a log border for the first row. I also sandstone corners for the glass upstairs and a much better roof using logs that went up like stairs, did this for a few levels then glassed the rest. I used Minutor to try and find somewhere where there was lots of space to build, as I'm building a replica, and the location is now a section of land on the coast, opposite the back of Mount DOOoooom(!). Water separates the terrain at the back of DOOoooom from this coast:



The Jack-0'-Lantern is just a placeholder.
So that's what I was doing up until this post, working on watch-tower2 and rebuilding a scale replica of my old Multi-player home! I might go on Multi-player later though, I've recently joined a great new server called Imdeity Kingdoms. Only been there a week so far, it's pretty quiet in the town I joined and for me in general as I don't really know anyone yet. (The server is never quiet however with 100+ players.) I'm sure that'll change though and I'll get to know people.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts