Thursday 30 June 2011

Too Much Terraria, John Smiths' & 1.7

I haven't done much in the last day as I've been obsessing over Terraria, now I'm actually getting somewhere with it. Travelling much deeper, finding all sorts of stuff, chests, skeletons, Gonna have a go at the Eye of Cthulhu soon.  Back to Minecraft however...


I was a little disappointed the Adventure Update got put back to 1.8 in favour of the pistons, which held no interest. It means the new world won't start until 1.8 now. This got me thinking though, as I watched another Minecraft video on Youtube and saw yet another person using John Smith's texture pack.. I decided to download the pack and give it a go since everyone seems to be using it these days.. I wasn't sure at first, the pattern on the glass put me off and the sandstone is a bit meh - but I could live with it. The positives outweigh it though, the more time i spent on my world, the more it began to really grown on me. I like the cobble, and the half-step from smooth-stone is the best I've seen in any pack, and the most realistic. That pretty much nailed it for me. What I really liked was noticing certain black lines around certain things, making things really crisp. The whole pack has a great RPG feel to it. The simple plain wool makes certain rooms of mine look gorgeous!


Although I don't think it's right for this main world, I will switch to it for the 1.8 world. Any posts after for old worlds that use screenshots, will still use the old packs for continuity.


Thus ends the posts for the month of June, tomorrow, a full report on 1.7! My experimenting, crafting and trying new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts