Thursday 13 January 2011

Two New Rooms, Travelling & Improvements

So I made two new rooms, went travelling and have made a few Improvements, but keep forgetting to post. I've made a bathroom extension on the bedroom. When I first took the cobble wall down by the bed, I wasn't sure how much mountain I had left to build with, as a result I've had to cover the interior sand walls on the outside with dirt to hide them - so the walls are double thick and doesn't look two conspicuous on the outside.



Plenty of light and a bath, a working shower - which takes roughly the amount of oxygen once you're in to have a shower. So Shower length = until it hurts! Since this picture though the sand in this texture pack has changed so it doesn't look as good.

I also went travelling as, I know what's a cross my bridge - my church and a big ass island, I know what's towards the back of my mountain base because I come across that was all the time from my spawn point. However, Out the front of my home, over the mountain I have no idea what's beyond my diamond strip mine - so I went to find out. Came across a big sand/stone area with plenty of cactuses, crossed the water a few times, found both types of mushrooms, some nice land - lots of trees and forests. Unfortunately on the way back it was night time and I lost the lot. I couldn't find the stuff when I went back. I did go back however and grab more cactuses, so I know have cacti all over the sand area by my board walk at the front of my home/base.

On my usual way down to the mines where I get lava, there's a pat I pass many times on the way down - it's not flat, but I looked at it and realised it might make a good area for a room as it's quite lofty. I cobbled the floor as a temporary basis and straightened the walls - the latter I regretted given the idea I got much later. For a while I wasn't sure what to make the new room but then had the idea to make it the new location for the portal (Instead of on top of my mountain) and have it as a fake nether room containing the portal room. Netherrack walls and floor, lava, like a small nether. It's small but contained. This room nearly never happened however as I went to the nether and "Just popped in|" to get some Netherrack when I realised I forgot to take flint and three of my portals were out! I was trapped and had to kill myself in the nether. (Not hard with Ghasts!) The idea was to pick up the flint and get my stuff back, but with the portals out - I couldn't use them as transporters to get back quick enough I guess because all my stuff was gone. Including all my diamond tools.

It was then I got down and abandoned the idea, deciding never to go to the nether again. I decided to destroy the portal on top of my mountain, but without a diamond pick it made it tough. I blocked it off, encased it in water, blocked that off when it didn't work - turned it into a stone man statue of epic size, because a floating block of stone looked silly. Encased that with lava with because the way lava falls it didn't do what I wanted, so I used water to stop that, mined it off, and then decided to just blow it up. Despite all the sulphur and sand it only made 9 TNT, that cleared the area and did a little damage to the top of the mountain but the portal was still in tact, but at least deactivated.

One night when I was out, I went to my diamond strip mine and decided to make some new tunnels. I never expected to find diamond again, but I found five! Enough for a pick and a sword! (The later for the first time in ages.) Me being me however that wasn't enough and I went looking for more. Strip mines turned into caves caves went to caves upon caves, lots of lava pools and I did manage to find more diamonds. Enough for the complete set - Diamond pick, axe, shovel and sword, so at last I have the whole set again. I have since got the Netherrack and the room I just over 3/4 done with a new portal as I had some left over obsidian. Also by the store I've created an emergency exit, which sneaks underground to the outside of my base (below the surface) all the way round to the cobble stones that lead to over the mountain to the diamond mine, and out the other side, passing through the outside water trap too. After the boat being really slow I made it double width, as it has water, but now the boat keep breaking up, not sure what's wrong. Maybe it needs to bee deeper as well? Will leave that for the moment.

Nerher Room: (Work in progress)



I also made a few improvements to the main front room and the main corridor. The  main corridorI decided just looked too drab with stone walls and floor, so I used wood to give it a new floor and brighten things up. Made it one deeper to so it had nice depth but had to lower a few corridor doors (to to the areas/or add steps. Looks much better though. The front room came about as I removed the hanging Lightstone as it looked silly. After initially making a one-block shaft up from my front room stone ceiling to the top of the mountain for extra light, it was then I got the idea to raise my ceiling by two blocks. The ceiling is much higher now and the room looks much bigger. I also took the wall with the landscape painting, chest and work-bench back by a block so it's easier to come round the corner when coming from the front doors.


Much higher ceiling, compared to previous posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts