Sunday 23 January 2011

Day #3: LEVEL UP!

I spent most of yesterday shaping off, or exploring any region just of the stairway down, or any area just off the the regular course. Either it was a possible room or it was a dead end with no value and was sealed off, these were also lit with torches to combat the number of mobs. I also went a little crazy on the outside plating trees and using bonemeal to help them grow around the outside of my new area. It does however make a big difference and I like the idea of the ground level between the mountains being more densely populated, before the trees were few and widely spread. Each tree of course has a hidden torch up either side of the trunk, hidden in the leaves so it's lit enough at night.




Before:


After:



It seems so strange, the number of times in the past I have come down from one of the mountains and gone to this area. So visible because of half a dozen - a dozen trees scattered around, and now a largely growing forest. I love the idea that it's slightly secret and hidden by trees! I also added water to either side of what is now the short "Path" outside my doors, so I could add the reeds. It works well enough, so I have paper/sugar on tap now as well. Though I need another bucket if I'm to make cakes.

With the levels, I also went about putting signs up all the way down as I had a lot of wood, but that was fun. It works out as the following:

  • Level 1 - Mountain ground level/Entrance level and mini farm.
  • Level 2 - Room with a strange view.
  • Level 3 - Nice area. Far from it yet, it's a good 4 - 5 corridors away but the room was mostly flat, has a central column (made from what was already there and a small water source. Also has an overlooking "Upper room"
  • Level 4 - The strange view level with two actual areas - and up and down.
  • Level 5 - Another room with a column, and an above gantry.
  • Level 6 - Just an an access area - "Lava Way"
  • level 7 - Underground home and lava pools.

The pictures:

*Levels 1 & 2 as in previous posts

Level 3:




Level 4:





Level 5:


This is already a favourite room, despite being just the shell right now.


Level 6:
Just Lava Way, same as yesterday:



And Finally Level 7 - Home:



A mess to the left of the stairs...


And messy to the right..

Across this makeshift bridge to where that torch is in the centre of the picture and along that wall to the right of it, and we're nearly home!


Down these steps to the left of that pillar!









Yes, I just realised to keep F1 pressed whilst pressing "Print Screen" to lose the information on the screen. Unless you like it there?

This bottom level will take ages to sort out. Will keep my busy - who know what treasures I might find.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts