Wednesday 26 January 2011

Day 5: It Ended In Inevitability

Day 5 was pretty average, begun excavating the area on the other side of my home down below (Facing my double doors) and after trying to reach a loft height via  digging stairs upwards, came out to my outside world. I blocked of both ends eventually but as I was outside already,, I decided to check my old chests up at my mountain homes/forts/towers. Gathered a few things , but was surprised when I reached mountain #3 and the fort/watch-tower. I opened the door - and a creeper had spawned in there.


I'm not sure why, it's well lit, and I've never had that happen before - but he was there. Naturally I back up in panic, but he blew a wall out. Small inconvenience, I made the repairs but was short of about 12 blocks of Netherrack that were used for the floor. As the portal in this world were safe because they bring you out underground in the Nether, (See original 2010 posts on this world - world #1) I knew it'd be safe. Gathered the Netherrack came back... and was brought back out via a different portal to normal - who knows where. Got lost wandering and after a few minutes it turned dark. I eventually built a temporary home when I remembered I still had Cartograph so made torches on my roof in the direction of an arrow. Turns out I was miles away from home.


I didn't want to kill myself as I had all my diamond tools on me and other valuables. I had iron ingots for a compass but no Redstone, so throughout the next day I tried to find a cave with lava - typical, no luck! As it turned night I made a boat and tried to go back what I thought was the way, but when land gets in the way - you either go over or around. On I travelled through the night, eventually returned to foot during the day. On the way I came by a coast and right along the edge a giant hole down with a waterfall going down. Typically I got too close and fell, but the water fall helped me down. Decided to see if there was lava or Diamonds (or Redstone!) whilst I was down here but got hurt trying to get by getting back up by mobs. (Not helped by a skeleton shooting me down.)


The wood, coal, watch, bow and arrows I can replace over time, I have more coal at home, but the Diamond sword and Diamond tools... I was bummed. Spend the night in my spawn house. (That's built around the spawn point.) but didn't feel like continuing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts