Tuesday 25 January 2011

Day 4: Diamonds and Excavations

Yesterday I began work on clearing out and tidying up level 7, where all the lava pools are as noted in yesterday's post. I wasn't sure where to start however as the pictures showed yesterday, it was a mess everywhere. I started however to the are to the left facing the stairs or right as you come down them:


As posted yesterday..

One of the challenges when doing this is that, more often than not the floors are uneven, so it's "where2 to make the cut off point for the floors and different levels, wall corners/alcoves. It does however come together and you get the basic shell of a potential area. This is how it looks now:

All cleaned up..
Other Angles:

Messy material wise, but neat. Stair heaven..

Face the other way and it leads to lava pools..
Back the other way and this is where the stairs go...

MOAR STAIRS!

Lead to...


This nice little room! A surprise little water stream. I think I evened out the bottom so it was square, but it was a natural fall. The area to the right of the staircase was more complex as it lead to two - three different areas, one being the way round to my home. Remember the pucture from yesterday of that?:


And...


The second faces the stairs we came down. They become:


A big difference to the first picture! The windows over look a pool of lava each and that stone decoration around the doorway is where I said yesterday to follow on round to the right to go towards my home. It has a little gangway to that door, and if you look to the bottom of the right of that doorway hole you'll see glass. This overlooks another lava pool, but is better seen in the alternate angle facing the stairs:


It was whilst mining off around the lava pools where I was lucky enough to find 5 diamonds, enough for a pick and a sword, later I would find two more to complete the set for an axe and shovel. Would be nice to find more, but I doubt I will. I also started exploring the mess of areas, just off mu home and started clearing them up and straightening things out, and found a few surprises. One of which was that the lava from "Lava Way" on level 6 comes right down to level 7 and is visible from an angle from my home. After seeing the area around it was neither useful or led anywhere important, I blocked them off and made a window feature to the lava stream.

So this:

Posted yesterday.

Became this:


Up by the window is a small shallow nook, just a blocked or area, not room for a room. Maybe a seating area? It may look weird that the platform one level below the window cuts off, but you can just see a glow of orange where steps down lead to another lava pool. Still, a big difference in one night.

The direction in the complete opposite way, if you turn right round to face the other way, is still a right mess. Guess that's what I'll be sorting out next. Oh and the "Nice Area" on Level #3, still isn't nice yet, but it now has nice things!...

Cake is NOT a lie...

Until tomorrow!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts