Monday 17 January 2011

Beta 1.2 & Other Things

I've been playing alot of Minecraft lately but not meaning too. I keep going on just to do one little things and spend ages on there.


Take last Thursday, I got home from work very tired and thought, "I'll play Minecraft for half an hour and then go to my Message Board..". Turns out that was the 1.2 update so when I found out about the dyes, the different tree types, water mobs (Squids), I ended up never getting to my forum. I also ended up playing until about 3 in the morning! I love the idea of be able to get dyes and make coloured wool. Do far I have green, yellow, black and light and dark grey wool with 40 green dye (I have a lot of cacti out front!), and 20 - red, yellow and orange dye. I also like the idea of sandstone. And cake. I desperately wanted to make cake! And it's good there's a use for milk at last.


Speaking of sandstone, because the texture pack I use changed the sand texture, my bathroom didn't look as good - wall wise. I just finished yesterday, over some days redoing the walls using sandstone, looks quite different now, but nice.





To make a cake however I needed wheat, and if you remember I destroyed my farmhouse as it became obsolete because of all the mushrooms for mushroom stew I have. So I rebuilt the farmhouse outside where the chicken farm was - which wasn't really working out. With a mixture of glass and stand stone it looks okay but more importantly the crops grow fast. I have found squid on another world but I haven't killed any yet, which I want to do.


I've sealed up the entrance to the very first permanent mines, as I have so many mines now it's not needed. I did start straightening the walls and was going to use the area, but it twists and turns on itself so bad I couldn't see any use for it - so stopped. In the last room that leads to the mine, with the dirt floor, I sealed over where the door was and now use that area as a new places for storage for building materials. (Moved from by my emergency exit.) I moved it because i have done so much mining over the months I have a ridiculous amount of cobblestone! There wasn't enough space by the emergency exit to keep storing new chests. I have almost two double chests full of stacks of cobble it's stupendous!


I have also improved my bridge into the new version2. This came about because I was gonna run a rail-track or mine track from some where to the bridge, up and over it. But, I have made it wider and, originally I was going to go with my idea of having a material come down, diagonally from the cobble pillars on the bridge to the next pillar along, but the pillars would have had to had been three times the height! Anyways it's better just to show than explain.


The old version:



New version:


It looks better - I think, and forms triangular shapes along the side. Which meant when it came to the ends, I had half a triangular shape. So because of the OCD in me when playing Minecraft, I had to make it match and be a full triangle resulting in the much grander entrance up to the bridge. Here are some other pictures of it to show what I mean, plus some alternate day setting pictures:






Also, about a week ago, I came out of a portal - and out of the nether, into a really strange place. This other one came out underground in a very enclosed space! At the time I just went back through but after messing about with "copies" of my world in which I burnt everything down on both worlds, I explored where that portal underground led to.. It led to a lot of underground lava pools and lots of gold and diamond! So after that, I went there legitimately armed with tools, food, ore, torches, benches furnaces, basically everything I need for exploring. This is how I got my armour, I found enough diamond for everything except a helmet. (Just 2 diamond short dammit!) Diamond leg armour, diamond chest-plate, diamond boots.. It's been a while since I had full diamond armour! (Or near full.) Since then though I've had a few accidents whilst passing through the nether and at night, so most of the diamond armour is now knackered, Guess I need to find more again.

The water elevator is also now complete after seeing a video tutorial on you tube and finding a LOT better way to do it than what I was doing. One drawback is, it is visible down my main corridor (Which I'm currently re-decorating with sandstone), but I have made a feature of it. It goes from behind the observation deck with an entrance point down my corridor, all the way down to some very deep caves at many extreme levels below my base. The only problem at the moment is that need some stop off points or I run out of oxygen. I've also improves some trees by chopping them down and using bonemeal on the saplings for insta-trees! Only the stumpy or hideously shaped ones though. On a smaller note, I also changed the floor in my rear viewing room (The one with the waterfall window) and instead of a wool/stone chequered floor, I now have a wool/black wool floor - essentially a white/black chessboard like floor. Looks much better. Still want to do a complete floor with black wool, that would look ace. Just need to find lots of black wool, lots of black sheep. Might take a while. Still need a shit load of more sand to finish of my corridor re-deco and somewhere, make a glass dome...





I think that's about it, It's a long post because I keep doing these things and forgetting to post it up. Plenty of things to be going on with though..






No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts