Monday 31 January 2011

Day 7: New Floor/World 2 Return: Fort DOooooom! (And a huge room)

First things first, I dared to use Skinedit and finally create myself a skin after finding it wasn't all that hard at all to install, actually pretty normal everyday. Naturally being a Transformers fan of 26 years+ now I went and created my name sake Hoist . (As I own this forum: Here) It's very basic, but a fair representation!:






Back to my underground world and I've re-done the floor in the "Nice Area" on level #3 with a nice pattern using existing stone, sand, dirt and red wool. I've used the "Roman" style created by a user of the Minecraft forums and already it looks better, even though I ran out of red wool:




Now it's starting to look nice! Added glass in that overview area, and gathered more sand to make sandstone to finish up that room up there. I also has to fill in that space beneath that viewing room as I did the same pattern up there, only sand falls so blocks underneath it to hold it there looked weird. So I just filled it in with sandstone, so it now looks like and indentation in the wall. I kind of like it better in fact that that column and empty space beneath the viewing area.



WORLD #2 NEWS!
After a short break I've gone back to my main world - world #2, the mountain base and may work on both worlds interchanging. Made a few small amendments before crossing my cobble bridge that goes across the water to the opposite large island - initially to take screen-shots, but I had an idea. Although my church is over there I've never really explored over the mountain behind it. When I did I found a big mountain (over another medium sized one to get to this one) which was a mountain, but had two strange bit of land spiking right up with a huge hole in the mountain at the bottom. Looked like something out of a Lord Of The Rings film! So I begun scaling it with dirt scaffolding and converting the stone/dirt mountain into a horrific tower like something that could've been in LOTR. I'm trying to keep the same dimensions as much as possible so it doesn't look "built", and hope eventually to have lava, lava moat? and trees that will be placed just to burn to give it that dark, creepiness.




I call it... Fort DOOooooooom!

Also, I heard zombie noises in my front room from behind walls so investigated. It's the first wall as you enter the front room - with a chest and workbench, and a landscape painting on the wall. I started digging into the wall between the chest and workbench. Foundsomezombies, not sure if they werethezombies though. Funny thing is though I thought i might place another room there, so I dug as far as I could before coming out the other side of the mountain, and there's tonnes of space!I don't know why I never thought to dig that way!





I dug right around the edges until I couldn't go any further, (reaching the outside world in other words), leaving a block in the middle to remove. As you can see, I've removed 3/4 of the block, but the room is massive!






I've still got the rest to do and the ceiling to renovate higher, but I could have several room in there, or 4 - 5 at least. Don't know what I'll use it for yet. Dining room? Entertainment room?..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts