Thursday 6 January 2011

Art Gallery & Better Light

Ten minutes after I got off Minecraft yesterday taking those pictures, I had a brand new spanking idea for something else to add - an Art Gallery! And I had the perfect place to put it as well - besides the library.

In the library, there's another exit, of which just led to an underground area that had no lava and wasn't very extensive - it just turn back on itself. It used to be full of mobs, (Which made a lot of noise in an area - next to a library, that is supposed to be quiet!) They were taken care of long ago though and the place lit up enough so they wouldn't return, but after that the place, which drops down from the library door, remained unused and empty. Nevertheless, a great - place - next to a library for an art gallery. The only downside was, the walls were a mix of stone dirt and unsightly gravel, all of which needed to look nice being an art gallery. Over the past 2 night a few hours at each time, I have slowly transformed the are, replacing all the walls with cobblestone, keeping the high stone ceilings - although replacing some dirt with stone and evening areas off. Already - even without any paintings yet, it's a MAJOR transformation of the area. I have decided to have a wooden floor like the Library, but I'm going to need a rain forest to cover the floor space!

I personally don't believe in using InDev for single player, but If I did, I would have used brick for the walls to look really nice. Like all my work though, this has to be legit.

I have also decided to use MrMods "Better Lighting & Grass" mod, although just the lighting, so the shadowing on further pictures should be noticeable.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts