Friday 2 December 2011

Double Disaster!

Double disaster whilst continuing to polish up World2 for release. It worked out and is all fixed up nor but required some re-styling round the back entrance of the mountain. Before I get to that though, the good thing is that SinglePlayerCommands by the amazing modder simo_415 has been released for 1.0! So I'm currently Taking all new aerial shots of - everywhere!


Anyway, rewind to a night or two ago, I had been playing Minecraft and I had only come off it for 10 - 15 minutes when I had an idea... I was thinking about the simple life I had (The water shoot down, ladder up which replaced the stone stairs). Currently it just went from the top of the stairs from the library up to the top floor - bedroom, observation deck and back lounge, so after coming of Minecraft for the night I then thought - what if I continued it down? After 10 - 15 minutes of coming off Minecraft, I was back on! I down in front of the ladder and came down- into the art gallery! Granted I flooded the gallery but after a bit off re-jigging of the floors and stairs to accommodate the structure around the lift, i came up with this!:



I really didn't think the glass pane trick would work but I love it both a) helps it give a modern feel and b) stops the water from gushing in the art gallery! Also added a few extra railings, as you can see. I love that it now connects the corridor not only the top level but now down to the art galley as well! It didn't stop there however, it's always been a wish that an elevator was nearer the front room, whereas I had to go all around the corridor to get to it via next to the library, so I had another great idea!

Just off the living room is a corridor to the dining hall, on the immediate right is a small, but long, cupboards space for general items and leaves/saplings. Right opposite the door is the wall round to the dining hall. Well, just before the first corner, on the wall join, I realized it was near the elevator on the far side. I had to do a lot of digging through to find my way to the elevator, and some filling up for where I had dug too far in another direction, but, I managed to create a little link corridor from that one to the elevator! It's been sooooooo handy! I've used it so many times, it's also a lot easier way to access the bedroom than having to walk all the way around the old corridor. It has come in very hand. Also, just off the elevator I have linked it with a into the library as well! This'll most likely be private access, iron doors at the moment, but it all fits in nicely!



And the link to the library:




I have considered going even further down, but I think that'd just go to the lava pools and cells below.(?) Might try it as an experiment one night though. I'm so happy though that the lift now connects to: near the front room/dining hall, the top levels - bedroom/observation deck/rear lounge and the library and art gallery! This is what I've always had a long-term dream about! Especially after past tries: (link)

Unfortunately after success. things went down hill a bit...

I finally caved and ripped up the old cobble floor in the living room, the first thing I did in the hollowed out (Natural) mountain behind the lava fall. There's still a trace of it under the bay window, has to be or the floor would catch light from the lava - and believe me - it did. It is so much better and I know I should of done it much sooner, but I just never had the heart to rip the floor up with it being the first thing laid. After the small fire with the floor, I guess the flames much of jumped up pretty high, because when I looked up I saw this:


I was literally like - "WTF?!" It's all fixed though, and like many areas of the rest of the home it's been converted to a snow block ceiling, regained over a stack and a half of wool back! I also realized it's plenty light enough at night so removed all those fence posts with lights. Whilst redoing the ceiling I re-initialized an idea of a big sky light as well, so that is a new feature of the front room also:






I also used the rest of the snow and finally converted the stone ceiling in the girls changing room by the pool, and in the bedroom:



So that was disaster one. Disaster two - and I was in the mushroom farm in the main corridor and at least three creepers had spawned from the dark corner. They shot their load (hehe, literally) early:


Now that's what I call a hole! You can see right through to the other side of the main corridor! With thoughts of fixing it, i realized there was un-needed space at the entrance so decided to make the corner of the wall end earlier. This posed a few problem as it meant that section of the corridor would go from two width to three, and, I had to alter the back entrance. This was because double doors wouldn't symmetrical on a 3-width corridor, so it would have to be a single entrance door. It wasn't too much of a problem, I just had to shift the sand wall and block tops over 1 block to the now single staircase back entrance. (Also formerly double stairs)






As a  result I set up a dividing wall so it couldn't happen again. As soon as you go in you get the lit area for the red mushroom, and now, a dividing wall - with door, separates the brown mushroom farm which is in total darkness. Assuming I have got the light system right for growing mushrooms.(?)



That's about all really, I finally got the grass to grow up to my wooden blogger's Thank-You plaque, and used a bit of bonemeal on the grass making it a little prettier:



Lastly, the hardcore thing.. Um, yeah, the less said about this the better!:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts