Thursday 22 December 2011

A Tonne Of Clay!



So late Tuesday night I picked up my 1.9 pre-release 5/Home in a mountain II, and i changed it to the Soran texture pack I had, I'm not sure about the wool block walls, and I'm too far away for snow, but I want it to be ultra modern but not use a material for walls I usually use. It'll take ages to wrangle sheep anyway, pen them in then keep breeding them for wool. (As well as switching to the latest version.) Nevertheless I went looking for a sheep or several and went round the back of the mountain to this lake area:

(Stock photo)


I found a sheep but I also found something else - clay, tonnes and tonnes of clay! With the new Soran texture pack the clay is a steely blue, so it's real easy to see underwater too!





And the result!:


I think there's at least 21 stacks of clay blobs back there! For this reason I might make it ultra-modern and have brick walls instead. There's still some clay left in that lake too! I spent about two nights at the lake getting the clay, fighting off a few mobs in the process. When I got back, I was looking at the walls so intently to begin with though, that, because I couldn't decide what to make the walls out of, I decided to do the kitchen first, I love designing kitchens in Minecraft. What I didn't like however was the corridor to the left of the stairs in this picture:


Which just leads to this back area:


So I decided to get rid of the entire back wall that's in front of the stairs of the first picture (The "L" shape), and just open up that entire area to the back room so it's an open plan front room with kitchen:

(Enter new Soran texture pack)





In the dirt roof, there's also a long single block line that has been dug out right in the center and had glass added, for a long skylight. As you can seen - even in the daytime there is loads of light coming into what will be the new kitchen! And it'll be very big too! So as well as lots of storage, it will have a sink, a stove (furnace), a traditional island in the middle. I can't wait to do it! Not until I finish the floor however.

I also dug into the wall just down the corridor from the bedroom, in the hall upstairs for a bathroom. (Where it traditionally is in an old UK house - upstairs, at the top of the stairs.)







The time I add the inner walls, (Those dirt mountains are the outside walls of the mountain), it'll be a little bit smaller, but I still hope to have a toilet, a bath, a working shower and a sink! (I hope!) Already I have made good use of some of the clay, it kinda looks like a non-slip floor now:



I'll probably smelt some of the clay for the brick walls whilst I finish the kitchen floor, may add the brick walls inside sooner rather than later though.


 The above happened because I started the roof for my AllBases world and made stone-brick stairs, as well as having to bake lots of cobble, i did two rows of stairs going in, and it just didn't look right. So it's back to the drawing board. Now I'm kinda stumped as to what material to use for the roof. Any ideas? So I'm leaving it a little while whilst I think about that, and that's why I went to my 1.9.5 world for a while, and will stay with it for a little bit whilst doing the kitchen and bathroom and new wall materials. Whilst I figure out the roof situation.

Do you like the "World" banners btw? Thought it might be easier to explain which world I'm working on so readers don't think "Which world is this again?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts