Monday 5 December 2011

Moving On Up


After a week (or so) of rest after losing all the stuff I had me I finally returned to my AllBases world, and as you can see have begun the major expansion of building upstairs. The plan being, to maybe to make the upper level exterior walls all log to contrast the bottom floor; and maybe having just out a block. That was a few days ago however, last night I ended up spending way too much time, more than I intended, and so got a lot of work done on it last night!

Just off my land near the bottom there's an open sand area, not very big, goes up to the edge of the mountain etc. It was near that edge, that I dug into the mountain and then down into the land creating a typical mine down, at least having it near by now. I needed cobblestone anyway, but the other idea I got was building a bit of a low cobble wall around my area because of all the mobs, so if you see the wall, that's how and why it came about.










It's really coming together now! The row of three square windows was done about three or four times in the one night, at first just trying to get the in-between bits all even. However, then - once I began putting up the partition wall between the bedroom and on-suite bathroom, the windows were right up against the partition walls, and I didn't like that. Thus, they had to be re-done again! The jutting out of the top floor makes the place look really big from the outside now! I'm not sure how I'm going to do the roof yet though. Before it was going to be my traditional log layered in to a square top as it went up and in, the very top middle being glass. With the top level having log walls now though that's not an option. Maybe stone brick stairs, bit I'll need to find a tonne more coal.

I've just this minute made a fishing rod, so the reed pond also serves as a good source of fishing as well! Still need to start a mushroom farm though, somewhere... I also need to have the back of the house jutting out as well because, at the moment it looks very flat compared to the front:



After taking these shots just now, especially the last one, I realized how dark it was in that area underneath (With regards to mobs spawning), so added some torches:



Will keep working on this for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts