Sunday 18 December 2011

Every Last Drop Of Clay

That's what it took to build the wall on the other side at the back of the apartments:



I also added a row of trees all around the perimeter as you can see, and as usual each tree has a hidden torch up the trunk (As seen in the last picture - just) for extra light. In the far wall on the other side - which is the side of the mountain, I added a 4 square block (IE 2 x 2) of Glowstone in the mountain walls to help keep mobs away and also behind the back row of trees (Seen in the last picture above) I've placed double fencing behind the trees on the edge of the mountain ledge to stop the mobs dropping over.





I'm about 7 brick blocks short! I'll finish going up to the stone brick steps, just in front of the sand pillar. Guess I'll need to find more clay, about half a stack. With a fresh new batch of Glowstone from the nether to do the security lighting in the mountain wall at the back of the apartments, it made me think about adding more like it around the exterior of my mountain him - and the church.

Around the outside of the bedroom:


And round the other side of the bedroom by the lava:


Around by the water fall:


And the Church:


I'm not sure about all the torches outside, especially on the church roof, will have to think about that. I'm going all around however trying to eliminate mass torches in favor of Glowstone security  lighting. The only places torches will stay, as well as on the doggy grave by the front of the house, is in between the cobble the top of the fort blocks.

The sheep farm is on overload at the moment, as not only do I need to finish off some roofs inside the apartments there is something else i need the wool for. I was thinking about this world and how I used the space in the mountain, and this room came to mind:


Behind the back wall, behind the sofa, there is a bit of an unused wall space between that wall and one of the walls of the front room. So I decided to extend the room:


This is what I need the rest of the wool for, the ceiling (Nearly done) and the floor. bit of a seating change as well, as it now goes around the wall using blue wool from the Lapis found in a recent cave dig. I've the actual "seats" to do yet, and I think I might have a long table or tables in here too when the floor is done. I'm not sure about the little alcove corner, I can't connect it to anywhere aesthetically, at one point I did consider having the squid tank (Not that it has any squids) go all along that wall.. Even if it goes nowhere, I kinda like the corner, it stops t being square and boring at least.

As I write, I've just put Glowstone embedded in the maze, in the changing rooms by the pool, the pub/tavern, embedded places around the tennis court and a couple of places above signs around the pool. Thing is, I have to wait for night time each time, to see it best where it needs it, and I can only do that when it's dark at the night time.

That aforementioned cave dig, was in the ravine of a 1.0 chunk. I lost everything however when I died and couldn't find the ravine again. (Should've set a waypoint!) I found a half-ravine though which lead into caves so found loads more Iron (Sinks, last of toilets in apartments) and gold (More booster rails for the minecart system!). That's where I found the Lapis. I swore I wouldn't go back until i found diamond, having lost my knock-back enchanted diamond sword. (That was great.), but I couldn't find any. I ended up back at the branch mine, just of my storage area and after a very, very long search I found some, got all my diamond tools back and found 12 diamonds spare.

So yeah, a great wool extravaganza, toilets in apartments to finish and seeing where to add Glowstone security lighting outside might just get this done before the release on the 23rd!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts