Friday 9 December 2011

Taking It To The Next Level

All upstairs walls of my AllBases world are done! It is done in log to contrast the mixture of sand and log on the bottom floor, and took quite alot of logs to complete! Good job I have a tree farm of sorts scattered around the garden. It took quite a bit of jigging about with the sides and back of the house where I had to bring the walls forward as mentioned before, to stop them looking flat from the outside, and more forward than the bottom floor, like the front of the house. I also has to replace the windows, it was a waste of materials, namely sand and glass but it had to be re-done, where the walls were brought forward by one block.





In the first bedroom picture, there was a small 3-block corner, so as you can see I added logs and door and made a small closet space. There ended up being room for 2 double chests and one single chest!:


Future bathroom:




These are how the other sides of the house look now that they are extended out:




You can just about see the wood floor on top where I have started covering the ceiling for floor of the loft, which is what I am working on right now:


I did use SinglePlayerCommands to fly around and search for a snow biome. I could lie and say I went around for ages with a compass and did it by foot, but I didn't. It's just as well, it still took ages to find a snow biome, the land is riddled with sand biomes and swamps! I set a waypoint at the snow biome though, so after getting snow, I made a snow golem in the bedroom - and that's how i got enough snow to do the ceiling. Eventually after it was done, I opened the bedroom door and after a long while the snow golem went downstairs. As I was clearing up the snow upstairs, I heard the doors open! I didn't know golems could open doors!

He probably just went towards the living room doors and it opened.. ? After wandering around the garden causing a mess laying snow everywhere, I let him out one of the gates. he lasted a couple of nights at least against the mobs. Think he's dead now though. Next step is the roof! Then converting the space in-between the roof as a loft storage area.

Also on World2, my old main world that is soon to be released, I finished the wooden base for the minecart ride - all the way across 2 oceans to the Multilayer house shrine. Just need to make all the tracks now. I'll never have enough gold for all the boosters need though...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts