Tuesday 6 September 2011

Odds & Sods

Just thought I'd share what I've been up too. I've only been meaning to posts this for the last 5 days or so. The 8th passed where Jeb said maybe to a 1.8 part release, there is now speculation that it maybe on Thursday. (Unsubstantiated.)


Alot of people are complaining about the hunger bar, after last post I don't think it will bother me. I always keep food on me anyway, everyone should. If you have a farm or mushroom farm it's it's easy to keep food if you don't want to slaughter animals. Although mushroom ingredients take 3 inventory slots, as long as reserve those three slots for it, it's fine. Wheat only takes a single inventory slot. Many people are over-reacting to the hunger bar, I may have had concerns but it's still never bothered me. Even snouts on pigs are causing controversy! They're just snouts!


So what have I been up to?


Well on a clone of my main world I have been experimenting with the idea of a mixed hedge and brick wall turning from this:






I'm not sure about it yet. I think I like it and have plenty of clay blobs in my chests from my travels. (So much so I had to re-organised my mixed general materials chest, making a separate one just for the clay.) I also moved one of the living room walls back two blocks. Though, this was only because I was trying pistons for a secret entrance down to the portal room and lava pools instead of iron doors. It failed. Trying to fit it in an already pre-exiting room is not easy. In the end I gave up, but opted for a more natural open doorway down. Taking the wall back looks nice too with the additional window line, it also make's the room look longer.


Before:






After:






I had to redo the stairs down slightly creating a bit of a cobble column just inside the doorway, meaning slightly twisty stairs.


Oh and because of the new water shade, and mainly through boredom waiting for 1.8, I started lining the inside of the pool with the blue gravel now and some additional Glowstone. When I built the pool I didn't really worry about how it looked inside the pool as you couldn't really see it, but now with the water shader mod, it was time for change! The gravel at least makes it alot easier to see each level of the pool from 5 blocks down to 10 to 20. The additional Glowstone of course also helps.






I've also started changing the roofs in the changing rooms this morning, at last. From drab stone to snow blocks.


Speaking of snow blocks, I did also solve that problem of where to put the urinal in the bathroom:






I need some additional lighting around there though, and wooden doors have changed to thick iron ones.


Also because of the water mod, I started this little house on the water:






I'm not sure if I'll keep it yet. It's a bit cuboid at the moment, But I've a few ideas, to keep a "dock" feel. A few things to make it a little bit different. I was going to change the wood to sand to go with the logs, but I really wanted to keep a mariner feel/a fell of what would go with the water.


Will have to see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts