Monday 19 September 2011

Stupid Electricity!

Straight to the point, my electric went out. I lost my 1.8 world. It's my own stupid fault as well, because it's a new round, I hadn't got round to backing it up yet. Guess I'm going to have to find a new world and start over *sad face*


I will back up after every time I play from now on. No laziness!


As this will be a short post with little updates, I thought I'd do something a little different and show my 2-plot home in the town of Valhalla on Multiplayer. I've been with this server for a little while now, and as the old part of the town was knocked down, I decided to move after all and rebuilt my home, albeit different to before. Yesterday and Saturday night I made a number of changes - adding a cobble overhang (Town has a viking theme), moving the entrance to the basement and adding a kitchen to the empty 2 part of the open space living room. (The 2nd plot). I also changed the door on plot 2 to a window wall, added gates and changed the windows to panes. I think I might be the first in the town to make that change.








World 2
Did a few little things this morning on my ex-main world, finally added bricks to the outside of the hedging and added so iron railings to them and round about the exterior as well. The iron gates were double height at first, but it hid too mush of the bushes.




Particularly on ledges by outside stairs to stop me falling over the edge, in the top of the cobble doorways to the fort entrance and private garden. Speaking of which, on those cobble walls outside I added little indentations using the new new stone brick, which are look slightly a discolored  version of the cobblestone. The idea being that it gives an impression they may have been once "window holes or doors there" but has obviously been replaced with a newer material giving it a look of the walls may have had a "history" in a past time! See if you can spot them!: (Not that it's exactly hard!)




This only came about because I saw a Minecraft thread about "How to do build castles/castle walls" and it gave me an idea to do "Indentations" in the wall. My walls however are only 1 block width so I couldn't do it, after may fails of trying to add "detail" - that's when I got this idea of adding the slightly fainter stone block as if the walls were really old and there was something there once/it was an old fort in the past.

So now I look for a new "1.8" world. Pity, I really liked that spot. :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts