Thursday 15 September 2011

FAIL

A little story of my big fat FAIL of trying to find a new chunk in my (now ex) main world. Are you sitting comfortably? Good, then we'll begin..


All I took with me was my bow and arrow, on old used stone sword, the second map, food, my clock and my Enderman pearls (Which I shouldn't have taken with me.) So when I first died it was completely my own fault, I was trying to be a smart-ass. When the map run out, I was in the wide open ocean, so I decided to make a new one - under the water. I had also the materials for a new map. So I was trying to be clever and thought - "I can duck under the water, quickly place a work-bench and make a new map and come up before I drown..". I did, but almost died trying to pick the work-bench under water. I tried to make it back up to the surface, but died on the way up. It was my own fault. The second time I died, I had just dug into the side of a flat wall (border) and got stone tools, but it was getting dark. So I dug into the side of this small mound of Earth, but in the morning, there was a skeleton above me. He must've been under a tree in the shade as he wasn't burning. Evertime I tried to leave though, an arrow whizzed past my head! Then I decided to just dig up through the mound, as it was a small lump of land, and as soon as I popped my head up - the skeleton buzzed an arrow past my head! He had me trapped at both exits! I decided to just make a ru for it in the end, but he got me.


Luckily, I got back in time (With a bit of sprinting), and regained all my stuff. I can't remember how I died after that but I remember going to the nether and deciding to get some cooked pork, but about almost a dozen pigmen turned on me! When I returned to the Nether, I had to try and fight almost a dozen with no weapons, nothing in my inventory to use as a weapon. After dying again x2, I decided to just "Run for the tools", which I managed to get. When I finally get going in the direction from the portal again, I kept travelling in a straight line, but I came out at the back of Mount DOOooooom! After having to go over the mountain from DOOoooom(!), I stayed in the church for the night and went back through that portal by the church in the morning. I came out the other portal again by the snow biome  - in the other direction. I kept travelling in a straight line again, using a boat to cross water. Then I came across this:



I guess it's a border in the water, but it was fun trying to go over it in a boat! It was like that film - The Perfect Storm. XD In the end I just swum over it After crossing miles of water I finally found small miniscule small island with vines hanging from trees! I had found a new chunk! I kept going, but I'm sure I just ended up in an old chunk again. I thought I saw mountains that looked very 1.8ish but wasn't sure. Just gave up in the end.

I deleted my temporary pre-release worlds, and started a brand new world with the official 1.8 release, using whatever world I generated. Went travelling straight away from my spawn point and found this very strange pool of light in a lake:
On "moody" light setting.

"Bright" light setting.
It shows better in the first picture. Immediately I looked up to see if it was the moon causing the light, but it was not. When I jumped down into it I found this strange formation:


A very strange under-water anomaly. There were pockets were I could stand in the open to breathe and not drown, free from the water.

Eventually I died and returned to spawn. I traveled in the opposite direction, and never even noticed there was a ravine right by my spawn point! I don't think it's a very extensive one however and I haven't seen any abandoned mineshafts, yet. There's still some exploring to do however. I started building myself a little temporary shack by the ravine/and my spawn point before going off to do more exploring to look for some flat land to build this "base".


Not far from my home, just over a hill I found this area:






I think this is a good as place to build a base as anywhere. I've already lit up the area ready to begin:



NEXT: Work begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts