Monday 12 September 2011

1.8 Pre-Release (A bit rant-y?)


Like the title would be called anything else!

I meant to post this over the weekend, but naturally I've been playing around with the pre-1.8 release. After reading about the post, I lasted all of 5 minutes or less of resisting before downloading it. Probably less than that. I really don't give a shit about all the elitist "You're letting down Notch/Mojang" by downloading it etc. Bullshit. It's there to test bugs. It's fine if you really want to wait, but if you're being an elitist snob about it then fuck you. We'll have fun exploring it whilst you're missing out, bitching about "Should feel bad" about it. This isn't towards any that genuinely want to wait mind you, fair enough.

The first things as you can tell from the above picture is see how my main world looks in the new lighting. The sunrises/sunsets are even more gorgeous, I think it's be come a new Minecraft hobby, waiting for the sun to rise to take screen-shots where everything's bathed in a pinky-orange glow. The yellow lighting inside will take a little getting used to however, but I have found that by having the lighting on the default "moody" there a lesser need for as many torches outside. That said the lighting when lighting up a cave and the contrasting night sky is a very welcome addition. As is the hunger bar. I always keep food on me anyway, and as long as you keep said hunger bar topped up you won't die. For those complainers, if you keep food on you, now stackable, it takes only 5 seconds to eat, is it really worth bitching about?

Sprinting is okay, although I haven't perfected the sprint-jump yet. I love the new bow mechanics however! Whether fighting by sword or bow, I've become a wee bit obsessive about killing mobs now to get that xp! Even though it doesn't do anything, yet. Speaking of mobs, as well as a play-around 1.8 world, I also had Endermen spawn on my immediate shore area of my main alpha world! They're not too bad, I think it was the third time I killed an Enderman, third being on main world, that I got an Enderman pearl. When I used it against a second one on my main world it did strange things to him and I got another! Love the bow mechanics though. I also love ravines and Mineshafts! I think a user may be right that the Mineshafts spawn a little too much, but I'm sure they can work on that. Love ravines though, they're ace. Only got poisoned  about twice by a blue spider, but it's okay - only takes you down to half a heart completely. as does eating rotten flesh! Did it just for the shit and giggles.

Only encountered 1 NPC village, they're okay but will of course only be fully realised in the second update, and this isn't even the official first update! I love glass panes but there's a lot of places where glass blocks will still do, have to be picky where I chose to put them in my main world. One thing I have already started despite the lighting flaw when placing them is replacing any remaining horrible cobble stairs with Stone brick stairs! They look, much, much nicer, and for this, I love stone-brick!

Some other screenshots:

How many bows can a zombie stand at short range?


Quite a few apparently!

Look carefully for the glowing eyes of an Enderman!



Proper texture pack, but next as good as the first attempt. Perhaps because I wasn't trying then?

Another of my favourites.
Goregeous landscapes:


The way the land now generates, and shots like the above, makes me unsure what I want to do now when 1.8 part #1 officially comes out. I think I still want to do the "base" thing. Not helped by watching the 1989 Batman Movie again for the first time in many years since I last saw it. It was the Batcave that did it! Seeing it again let out a "Fuck yeah!" in my mind as my thoughts then turned to that future Minecraft base. One things I'm still absolutely certain of is less updates on my main world. There will be some but I am still starting over. Just don't know what to do yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts