Thursday 8 September 2011

Boredom = Creativity?

I've been doing some more work on "Waterville", I.E. the house on the water, but to be honest as much as I like houses on the water I'm kinda bored of it already. This is what it now looks like however:





The door in the last picture, goes underneath the stairs and leads to the back door and farm. I was keeping those log masts as is, to keep a "dock" feel, but now I'm thinking of maybe using them as supports for an upstairs? It'd mean the top floor would be bigger than the bottom one, but at least it'd be different and not just a cube.




Also, due to the boredom of it and until 1.8 (Now Monday?), I started building on my other pre-1.8 world here::






I intended to build on this for 1.8, but with the delays, and not knowing whether you still can use seeds, (Might be under "other world options"?). I decided to just go ahead and do it whilst waiting. So far I have cleared the trees and built an oblong shaped house, it's... something a little different.









I will be doing Tudor style beams in the blank sand walls also, and instead of a normal wooden floor (Which I do every single time!) I have a nice faux-lino textured floor. I found quite a lot of clay on one of the shores near me! I just think it looks really nice, and different to my usual. I just hope I can find more to finish the entire floor.

I'll probably keep working on this for what's left of the week, and over the weekend.

Not much going on in my main world, I decided after seeing someone's picture of their nice wide path, to widen my board-walk slightly, so the half-slabs are in line with the Glowstone, thus doubling the width of the board walk. May do that brick wall surrounding the hedge fencing, might as well do something with all the clay I've horde collected.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts