Wednesday 31 August 2011

You did WHAT With The Water?!

So the other day on the front page of minecraftforum.net, there was a spotlight on this mod - the Minecraft Water Shader.


Now I have never heard of this mod to make water realistic, but as soon as I saw the video, I had to try it out! It's like that nice water in the Minecraft rip-off Fortresscraft. It's photo realistic and reflective and very very nice! It was incompatible with mod loader, but I believe there is a version now that is compatible with that. It didn't affect me because I don't use loads of mods anyway. My first words after installing it on my main world were - "THIS IS F***ING A-MAZING!!" I looked into my swimming pool and I was there for a good minute because I was so mesmerized! Here are the screen-shots I took:






Since these pictures I finally fixed the current underneath the dock after I got home from work today with a mixture of buckets and placing wood blocks. Fixed it at least! Not easy to place water when the current keeps bobbing you up and down, especially underneath the dock! This new mod which I will never NOT use(!) makes me want to build a home in the middle of lake now! Or build a town with a water theme.

Speaking of which, as 1.8 may now be even further delayed, I need a little temporary something - so I may well create a little town. I used to have a world for my own independant server, but couldn't get enough people to play. (Plain vanilla server though, no Bukkit/worldmods etc.) So what I have done, is move that world into my saves folder, and I may build a town  with this world. I need a theme however, and all I have on this world (As well as nothing in my inventory at first,  apparently.) is the original build on there, which was just this small information center:


I may well tear this down completely to start again. I may use a water theme, to show off the new water shader mod, but I need to get in my head what I want it to look like first, only then can I really start. I shall be looking for inspiration on Google images after this blog post. Not much else has gone in my main world, apart from setting the rest of the entire Nether tunnel bridge alight. On world 3 I added some piston fence gates in the 2 high fencing and am replacing torches inside the house with Glowstone embedded in the walls. No much else really.

More to follow hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts