Tuesday 22 November 2011

Expanding StrongHolm

So up to now I haven't really got the "buzz" about turning my stronghold into a home on my "StrongHolm" world, until yesterday..


I decided to finish of the library floor and restoring the library itself, and after completing it, there was a bit of a long 2 block high gap underneath that lead somewhere, so, I decided to follow it and see where it went.. To my surprise, the library that I pass now and then actually isn't that far away from the farm! Turns out at the other end of the mushroom corridor - it's just there, so I put a new door up for the library passage, so I wouldn't lose it again and a sign:



There's a bit of a cave around the library, and when I followed it round it leads to the wheat farm! So it's all inter-connected after all! What started out as just "finishing the floor" ended up with me spending a lot of time straightening cave walls and building a one block path with stairs connecting them all:

That square arch leads to the low bearing passage way I first mentioned. the steps on the left going up to the library.





A side bit also veers off towards the ravine:


It's still a bit ugly now, with cobblestone at the moment, and I need to put more steps in as some are still natural blocks, but I can always pretty it up later. Also when I went back up into the library and across it, I heard some zombie noises, so I dug into the walls where I thought they were. No zombies, but after hacking through the stone-brick wall I came out here:


This, is the main corridor at the top, it leads from the bottom of the steps from the surface to the farms, again all inter connected! So from the other side, I popped another door in and sign above denoting the library! I also came across a part of the stronghold I hadn't come across before, still etched in darkness. I explored, putting up torches as I went and found this odd room:


Where the light is round the corner is another door, it just goes back round on itself to the door you might/might not be able to see in the darkness on the right. As it was a fairly useless room, I just cleared it out into one big area:



I'm not sure what I'll use it for yet however. I also found another room just like it and cleared that too, so I have another two blank rooms. I might keep exploring see if I can find any other parts of the stronghold I've yet to encounter. I ended up spend quite a bit of time on the world that night, even fixing the stairs down that I made from the glass tower on the surface (Denoting the stronghold there), turning them from natural blocks into stairs by adding stone-brick stairs, It still twists oddly on the way down, but I also made it safe with columns to stop me falling over the edge of stairs.

I might stay on this for a little while and see what else I can do.

Also I noticed something the other day, although it's not my 100th post on this blog - it will be coming up to my 100th blog post for 2011 at least - and I've got a little something planned! You'll just have to wait and see however!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts