Tuesday 29 November 2011

Clearing Things Up/HARDCORE!

The last post of November! Seeing as I started to late I'm glad I'mat least glad I've managed to get several posts in.


 AllBases - I'm gonna get this out the way first and foremost, I'm having a small break. I had one of those moments - you go out adventuring, gather almost a stack of wool (Enough to finish the first floor ceiling), then die. I had a quick snooze in my bed, and went back out but I couldn't for the life of me find where I died, I lost everything. I carried on however. Found a dozen+ pumpkins! making my way back as it turned dark - I died - again. Little moments like that where you loose everything are enough to make you rage quit. So I'm taking a few days break just to get mt bearings because it can be demoralizing.


World2 - In preparation for the release I'm going round fixing up all the little things that need doing, like fixing up the glass around the shower in the en-suite bathroom of the bedroom. (I changed it to glass panels - not a good idea). Changing the ceiling in said bathroom from stone, changing some of the slab half-steps outside to stone brick steps, growing grass to the bloggers board to create a little green space around it. And generally correcting any little things for the eventual release of this world.


Originally I wasn't sure what to do with a 1.0 world but I came up with an idea, so I deleted the old one to start a new Hardcore world! I've always wanted a home in a snow biome, so that's what I've done. At first my thoughts were - "Better not get to attached to the world though as I might eventually lose it",, however I will make it as nice as possible, it's more of an incentive to stay alive! I have a small hut in the show right now which will have a 2nd level, I also dug down from the front room, passed a shallow cave of the way down which houses a mushroom farm, though it has one large droop inside it, but goes to a dead end. This dead end is where the wheat farm is. Continuing down the stairs I have another "off stairs" room I hollowed out for a future storage room. The stairs already go to bedrock and I've begun a mine, so far I have plenty of gold, iron and Lapis.


here are the pics:









After this, I decided to keep showing the HUD/hotbar in the pictures as I realized you won't know if I was being honest, so to show I'm not cheating I'll include it in all pictures.





It's a bit of a cube right now, which I don't like, but I'll probably make the top floor bigger than the bottom floor so it overhangs by 1 or 2 blocks. I have the sand now for that last window also. :p This is my 1.0 challenge! Not doing to bad, had a few close moments but am on level 10 xp and when the last of the stone tools run out, they will be converted into iron tools. Due to mining last night, I now have a compass so I can go wandering, and a watch.

need to get back to StoneHolm, and do some stuff on that world too. I think in retrospect, the End portal never worked because it was an early pre-release world IE pre release 4 or 5. Would've love to have done it legit. Will keep expanding that home though.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts