Tuesday 30 August 2011

Thoughts After Pax

So I've been following the PAX stuff that happened over the weekend, watching as many videos as I possibly could, and thought I'd do something a little different today and give my thoughts on some of the upcoming 1.8 stuff.


When 1.8 first was announced I couldn't wait to see how the new lighting would look, and still can't wait to see how it makes my main world, the Alpha one, look. Now I'm really looking forward to the bow, I think it's an excellent improvement on what was already there, making them much, much better. On the whole I don't think there's anything I really don't like. I do have some concerns with hunger, not the idea, but the way it works, but I won't be able to give it full consideration until I actually try it. I like the abandoned mines and rivers, I was thinking if I find a ravine should I build a home/something on one? I hope you can pick up those cobwebs in the mines or create them legit now. I'm really neither here or there on the NPC villages, especially if 1.8 is going to be updated in two parts with the actual NPC's being added to the villages in part two. I guess I'll have to wait and see what the NPC's actually do. I'd only ransack a town if it was too close to where i wanted to build, generally I would be friends with them.


If they do add poisonous spiders, it will make trips to caves alot more fun. (As well as ravines, strongholds and abandoned mines of course!) We don't know yet whether Enderman only spawn above ground... Some people are really overreacting with Enderman, first just to them and now the often seen "fortifying my house ready for Endermen" threads. I'm not worrying about it, as far as we know they can't enter your homes and they can't remove placed blocks, so I'm not worried or freaking out about meeting one. I'll deal with it however I deal with it at that moment.


That's all I can really think off at the moment, there may be a part II, maybe  not. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts