Wednesday 24 August 2011

Small update, small changes..

Just a little update of what I've been up to over the last 4 - 5 days+.


The main thing I should mention, the biggest thing is a change to the megabuild project. I'm not doing an ancient sand town any more, decided to just build a great big house - still using Invedit. I've kept the fort-style walls however. So now, it's gone from this:




To this:




It's very bland at the moment, but that will change. There's actually a mistake also. The middle of the front is meant to be forward of the side rooms not "in" as shown, will change that. Probably add multiple windows as well to the front rather than just one. I'm happy with my hallway - the last picture, but I've still the floor to do. Also found a nice way to do lighting on the walls as seen on the left of the last picture. I'll still do updates but only from time to time on this project.


Main World
One main thing I've done, is a switch in the bedroom. Where the bedroom extension is/was, is now the new bathroom and vice versa the old bathroom now the extension. The reason for this is because I wanted a working shower, which meant using Redstone and pistons, and the original bathroom which originally was an extension itself out of the side of the mountain was far too small. Also here is the new bathroom:



It's missing the urinal, but I might change the wooden doors to the VIP room into iron doors, but I will have to change the look of them in the painterly pack. (The last ultimate, final version for this world?!) Might have it where the mini corridor is between said VIP room and door to bathroom. Been laying around with the front entrance again, from this:


To this:


I like it, but, I'm really not sure about the roof. The way it's done is very slightly Japanese-ish. I really wanted to make the door open with the doorbell. It meant changing the double stairs to a single staircase and therefore making the double doors singular as well. I had to move both over to the left by one. The one good thing however is that the doorbell is now on the inside of the brick wall to your right, easier to reach than before - having to lean over.. It works though, doorbell chimes, door opens. I'll do the bay window roof when/if I can ever decide on a decent roof.

I also went and nerfed more Glowstone this morning because I had an idea about doing extra lighting around the high pool walls:





As you can see I also changed the steps going up to the main path. This is because there were two snow blocks (From the dining room ceiling) showing up between the steps. I tried just putting steps over them but it ruined the flow of the steps, making them over extend at the bottom. Cobble steps look ugly and wooden steps wouldn't be right, so I built these twisty steps up. From another angle:


Also changed the half-way house into a wooden home (because I like wooden homes/log cabins/huts:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts