Friday 5 August 2011

POST JAM: Dungeons & Other Stuff

Gah, I've been so slack. I wanted to post another entry for July before the end to equal that of June's post's, but I never. We're almost a week into August already, and only now am I posting.


I did a dungeon in the Aether, I actually found a gold dungeon first - but didn't know it was one. From the start I slowly made a path across the sky to this bulbous, round mountain. That was fun, trying to do that and not be pelted with snow balls by Zephers! AT first I wasn't even sure what it was I just kept finding these hot tiles that caused me to burst into flames. When I found out it was a gold dungeon, I dug and dug and dug, I couldn't find the entrance to the boss! It was more of an excavation of the dungeon. I also died 3 - 4 times where I kept catching fire. Luckily I got back each time enough to recover my stuff. (Except after I did the Bronze dungeon and went back there, I lost everything after that.). Instead, I did a Bronze dungeon and despite it being the easiest one it still too 4 - 5 goes because one false move and those slams against the wall are lethal. I did it however and got another book of lore, a Pheonix box, hammer of Notch and a flaming sword and a few other minor bits maybe.


After doing the Bronze dungeon, I looted the ground too of those dim light squares, the tiled floor and mossy cobble. I built a little shack in the Aether, which I thought I took a picture of, but apparently not. I've uninstalled it now. I think it's a great mod, but I'll play with it when it's less buggy. There's too many of those flying whales, and I can't seem to kill them to let other things spawn. All of which is a problem as I lost my tamed flying pig, and now no other pigs will spawn because of all the whales.




Back in my main world, World2...
I finally finished the library roof! The library extension is finally complete. I've just been looking back to see when I started it, and I've been at it on/off (mostly off) since April 3rd! At least it's done now to how I like it. I've also recently been to the Nether to get more Netherrack and start changing the design of the "Arcs" on the bridge, I don't like them. I still haven't worked out a final design yet though. One idea, after creating an one arc ridge over the bridge, is to extend that and have like a tunnel over the bridge but light everything where there's a gap. That's one possibility.I also extended the small "general chest" right back, the one that's on the way to the dining room and contains everyday thinks like saplings, leave blocks, pumpkins and jack o' lanterns, switches, saddles - all the general use stuff. This was mainly because the amount of leaf blocks and saplings was getting big. As it's on the other side of the wall that goes down towards the storage area, I also added a bit of a window, so you can see in the cupboard as you go down those first steps! It's silly but it really breaks up that plain stone wall.


Did I mention I was also Glowstone-ing the dining hall? No? Well it'll take some working out as I found some of the skylights aren't ligned up properly with each other, which will mean altering them, and that will take MAJOR work! Yesterday I returned to my multiplayer-house shrine, and built a farm outdoors over there and finally got round to putting chests all around the basement. Now there's plenty of materials stored there as well as my home. The walk-in closet for general stuff upstairs was getting a bit cluttered. I had enough of the "lights under glass" by the side of the board-walk and have filled it in with sand and placed Glowstone here and there, looks a lot nicer at night-time, pretty.


Also last night, remember that glass walkway I had out the back?:


(Apparently these are the only shots EVER I took of it!)




Well, I finally got fed up with it! Time for a change! At first I toyed with a new wooden bridge which wood of looked nice, but it backed to closely onto the cobble stairs. Only after removing the said stairs and trying to take tem back a bit did I decide to do away with the walk-over completetly and brick up the dirt wall (with dirt) where the cobble stairs where. After finally sorting the current of water out after 9/ 10 months, and a few creeper explosions later, I got an idea to have the stairs down the side of the wall. (That used to be hollow back in 2010) and have a wal-around rather than a walk-over:




It's early days yet and may change.

Speaking of which, you may have noticed my screen-shots are more rectangular now than square. That's because finally, after getting my new PC tower last year, I have at last got a new monitor. Going from 1152 x 864 to 1920 x 1080, nit of a leap. So all new screen-shots will be like this now. It's given me a whole new experience playing games, and not just Minecraft. so expect a picture post tomorrow with a load of new screen-shots I've begun taking. To tire you over here's a general overlooking shot, the same standard one I always take, but in the new resolution:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts