Monday 8 November 2010

Post Weekend Update

So I've been playing it on and off at the weekend, been playing other games and was out Saturday night with friends. The biggest thing to report is the fort is coming along nicely. Up until now I haven't provided any pictures as there's not much to see, but the wall is now 5 blocks high and I've begun building the main building inside now which is up to six blocks high. All lit as I kept getting spawns inside. I've also begun work on my moat around the fort, and although there's hardly any water in it at the moment it's still a good trap for Skeletons, the exploding mobs, zombies and spiders.






As you can see it's coming along very nicely! When I was up on the wall for the initial shots, I saw a piece of land one block lower than ground level, and it was perfectly squarish, save a few blocks. So I decided to build an extension, rather then have it just be a boring rectangle. So where I am stood in the last few is a new addition. Thought it might be a good place for a watch tower?

In world 5 - my little fishing home with a dock, (Fishing is very cool!) I looked across the water and saw another fairly flat piece of land for a second home:



The dirt blocks are just a marker for where the wood blocks will be, you can see the reeds of my first home in the second picture. Might build a bridge between the two, not sure. Wondering on home #1 whether I should do the dirt extension of my far in logs? The front anyway so it looks more natural and matches the rest. What do you think?


World #1 - Portal.
I read somewhere that if you destroy the portal in the nether, your one will take you somewhere different, instead of stuck underground like I am. So that's what I've been doing there, just going through with TNT. I managed to place it down but just before I went to set it off I got killed. :( Which isn't hard due to the restricted space underground. Will keep trying. I've also begun the great illumination project, lighting my cobble stone fort-esq sky-bridge, it will be much better and alot prettier. Only done a small area but looks so much better already, will need a shit-load of coal though. Also linking to another mountain now, but rather do yet another sky-bridge to this nearby one I've done a corridor that leads down with dirt steps, then back up to the mountain. Going low rather than high. Not sure why or if I'll build another home there yet though.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts