Thursday 4 November 2010

Comes in three's...

Yesterday, a mini annoyance threatened world #1. The old fort, where I first began the worldn before building my super woode sky-bridge to the next mountain, lost it's stairs to an explosive mob. Although not too bad, I rebuilt only to be surprised by another exploding mob in broad daylight taking out the wooden stairs a second time. It was then I deceided this fort needed redoing and rebuilding, it was the end of an era. Still a simple little fort, I have made it out of cobblestone this time instead of the gravel and have expanded it's size so it's actually bigger this time. I put the final touch of torches on last night and added a front door this time.




        

Not much else to report on this world, earlier in the week after creating a portal - and now seeing other portal doors in my world, I tried going through a different portal. It still takes me to the underground in hell (need to dig to surface). The mobs are still by the portal door on the other side as well so can't go back until I'm a lot better armoured. They killed me as I was going back through to escape, so they're right by the portal in hell.

So that was the first thing.

This morning I did a LOT of work on world#2, I made slab couches in the waterfall viewing room, the upstairs glass room and my main front. Added pictures to walls as well and even created a nice slab floor for the upstairs glass room, so it started to look really nice up there! Also gave the front room a steel door, played with switches, had to redo- some of outside gravel path after a mob attack (And stairs up to door by the rear waterfall). Was really getting somewhere, and then disaster struck.

World #2 is now gone.

My computer restarted for some unknown reason and I lost the entire world. I can only imagine that it was windows updates, but they ARE set to notify me first! Slightly browned off now that all my hard work in the last month is gone. I still have world #1  I guess. :( Did start a new world on a different save slot and got an epic world generated:




But then the computer restarted on it's own AGAIN, and I lost it, guess that was the third thing. A quarter of the way from the top of the lava stream in picture one is where I was going to build a room.

Not sure what I'm going to do next, if I can find a nice big flat land with caves nearby, I might do a big-ass fort. Not sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts