Thursday 18 November 2010

Illness & Updates

Been ill since last Thursday, so have only been playing Minecraft on and off when I feel like it. Big session on the Sunday though, so here are the updates:


World #1 I have pretty much given up on my initial world with the sky-bridges, have run ouf ideas and am bored with it. The fishing village on world #5 - once I finished building the log cabin and dock, I couldn't think of anything else to do. The other structure (2nd log cabin), I've couldn't be bothered to continue. My big -ass fort on world #4 I haven't really touched, apart from building a lighthouse. I saw a very square high bit of land just of the shore of the coast and got the ide. WIll get back to this world at some point.


World 2
The one I resurrected from the dead, is the one where I've put all the time into. I saw this video where 5 - 6 people landscaped a whole island on a server and it gave me ideas. Initially i tried this but it didn't work out. It did however make me want to go all out on making everything as pretty and as perfect as possible. The mob holes in the ground from attacks outside have been filled in, and I borrowed the idea of my dock from world #5. Expect when i was looking out to see (Round the side of the mountain) I got a better idea to add a one-up step and add a square of decking. You have to close your eyes to imagine the tables and chairs to eat, but it's a completely wooden dock with wooden decking - all fenced off around the edge and down the dock and lit with low-lighting from redstone torches. Pretty. Before I put made the dock section however, I looked round from the sea and realised it was almost perfectly in-line with the wooden bridge at the back of the mountain which is further back and upwards. It is then I got the idea to link it all together so as you come off the wooden footbridge round the back, a the path extends a block or two in gravel, going down the new cobble stairways, across a glass slipway across the small section of water up onto a new gravel path which turns into a wooden board-walk which connects with the main board walk embedded in the sand.


I also went on a great quest for large, digging deep into my mountain base and getting totally lost, but came across plenty of goodies - loads of iron ore, coal, redstone and gold. As some point though I got low on health and knowing I was going to die, quickly created a chest to safeguard it. When I died I couldn't remember how I got in there, the only way visible being a 1 block drop right over lava, if the drop didn't kill me the lava wood. So for a while I lost all that good stuff. Ventured a second time in, spirallying my way down in a constant circle  with a pick axe, got lots more goodies like before but stepped into some lava. The third time, knowing all the previous lot would have been melted in the lava,, I was digging just off my spiral block down and came across the original chest! Regained or the first visit's stuff (Including my iron sword) and realised it wasn't far from the other cave - a new one i had dug underneath my base. (Hense the couple of blocks missing at the path at the front).


I have also returned the front waterfall to lava, as it originally was when I found the mountain.


I tried to make the front door with switches and redstone but only got it to open from the inside not outside as well. During one night in Minecraft where a skeleton kept jumping on the pressure plates by the front door I realised it was too easy to get in. This lead to me thinking about remodelling where the front door was.


As it was:



I considered  having doors at the bottom of the stairs and making a big glass front, but but was already in two minds about remodelling my by then. Instead I decided to have the two doors at the top of the stairs and in the style of the original front, cobblestone where the fence is have two blocks anf have two glass over the front door. I still wasn't sure about doing it but knew I could revert it if it went really bad. The result being:


As you can see I've also finally developed that big gap at the top of the former water fall, which id now a bedroom! with on-suite diner (I.E. a chest of food. Whilst doing the glass front however, I found a passage way up there and realised it was an old one I had dug. It doesn't go anywhere, but it does drop (Heavily) over a set of stairs to the rear mountain viewing at the far back of the mountain over the fort,. So, I dug round it to the right and made a passage way to the top of those stairs so even they interlink. I have also made the farm building wooden and raised the glass roof.and dug another possible room out at the side of the mountain, high up, but am not sure how I want this to look

I have decide to make as perfect as possible though, if there's a straight edge of grass/sand and there's 1 block sticking out, I'll round it off. (It's the OCD in me), I don't mind diagonal edges, but I have extra blocks sticking out.

Next post I'll will post a brand new entire gallery of the place so you understand the layout!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts