Friday 20 January 2012

World#2 Release Imminent!

Sorry for the lack of posts recently, I haven't been doing much really apart from more work on the ravine and finally trying a new roof out on my AllBases world.


So to make up for the lack of posts, I spent this morning (Thursday 19th Jan) doing the last few things for World2 so it can be released. All the work was finishing off stuff in the apartments, I had to use INVedit unfortunately, otherwise it would delay things even more. This morning however I - finished off the last couple of ceilings, added a sink to each bathroom (Just a loo and sink in each one), completely re-did all the kitchens, made sure each one had sofas and tables and added more Glowstone lighting. Finally I'm happy now though as it's DONE. I added the latest 1.1 single player commands and made some last minute adjustments.


To do this I copied the very current up-to-date (& legit) save of world#2 and used that one as I also added a pumpkin farm 3 - 4,/5 days earlier. it's done to 1.0 specifications with a pumpkin on every other tilled soil, but it works fine as they grow on the empty patch next to the pumpkin shoot. You'll never have to re-plant, just pick the pumpkin, and till the soil it was on. having said that, each row is surrounded by water so it will just till itself.



I flattened out a hill just by the existing wheat farm and added some steps up to it, so the two farms are right next door to one another:


The world is all ready for release, now I just have to find somewhere to upload it to. Unfortunately the limit for a free mediafire account is 200MB limit upload, and the file is 305 MB. Bit of a problem there. I'm not gonna use a monthly paid account for something I'll use hardly ever use, so need some ideas! This is the only thing stopping the release now, it's ready, it's waiting for you, but I need somewhere to upload it too!



MEANWHILE IN THE RAVINE...

Things are looking quite different now, the walls for what will be the apartments are now brick, and the lower walls of the mall are sandstone. Also after a suggestion on the Minecraft forums, instead of ladders, i have stair cases, one going from the top of the ravine down to the apartments and another from the apartments down to the mall.


Imitation cahspoint/ATM machine



Shop fronts and Creeper art were added...

Look out it's a creeper face... He doesn't love nobody, Can't deny, can't deny, ma Creeper face...
He don't love nobody... C-C-C-C-C-C-Creeper face...




A fake drinks machine...







You may have also notice in the picture of the shop with the red wool signage, and the fake drinks machine, there are corridors going off. I figured it's a mall - it should be big, and being a ravine you can just cut into the walls and create these corridors, maybe for other large open areas/shops? (In a cave system?).

No.1 ravine terrace is also in place:



I also went a little crazy creating a nice walkway around the ravine!:



At the far end it's more rustic and derelict as that end is very overgrown (Lots of bonemeal use there!) so is just fenced of with 3 block high iron fencing.





This is the roof I'm currently trying out:


It looks okay but I still don't think it goes well with the log. :-/ Will keep working on it.

That's about all there is for now, but a last couple of things - 1.1 - spawner eggs, spawner a LOT of testificates around and about the ravine! Latest patch (today) - putting blocks behind vines and being able to climb them is a-mazing! Trees and leaves look same to me though. breeding dogs is adorable and the better zombie AI is much better! Zombies are still easy to kill, but at least it makes them more intelligent rather than getting stuck on corners!

That is all. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts