Monday 9 January 2012

Out Of My Freakin' Mind!!

So what do you do when your bored in Minecraft? Me I either go multiplayer or, I piss about on a 1.0 creative world.


The purpose of this world was originally just to test building designs and different things but lately when I get bored I just go on it to mess about and create random shit. So far, I have created ya typical underwater base:


(Work in Progress)




I don't really like it.


A huge giant hole in the ground. (Which I can't find currently). The inspiration coming from Luke Skywalker's home in Tatooine in the original 1977 Star Wars film.




A mountain base (As opposed to a usual mountain home):






The start of a mansion. (Re-do of super-build from world #5)
(Work in Progress)




Traditional glass block windows because the walls are double width to allow interior walls/decoration. Due to this all interior walls with main doors will be arches, to avoid the double-door problem found with double width walls.




The improving of an NPC village. One of the earliest projects.


Didn't get too far before losing interest.




A tree house:
(Work in Progress)









Aaaaannnnnddd... What inspired me for the title of this post, the modernization of a ravine that kept me up until 3am!






But is that an ordinary ravine? Look again! Originally before 1.8 and ravines came out I said I might want to build/on/in a ravine but wasn't sure which or how to do it. Nothing ever came of it until last night when I had an idea....


Inspired by something I saw on TV a few weeks ago, rejuvenating an old railway link in the USA above the city to a modern open space with greenery and a very long walkway, I had a similar idea. I got an idea to create a two block border around each layer of a ravine, (And boy did I have to look to find an okay one), and convert it into a kinda - mall?






The many body of it would be like shops with a glass roof over head, on the layer above would be the homes by the walkway, which you'd simply dig into the ravine. Glass roof above that also, and the top would be open green space with vines and flowers.


This is the result that kept me up to 3am!:


Already vines are growing down..


The idea was to have a two width path all the way around the ravine, this would create the inner ravine crack shape for both glass roofs.

All these walls will be changed to modern material.



One end of the ravine, the dead end.



Trapped for an eternity.

The other end of the ravine that stretches out into a cave system..

I did clean this up very quickly for this post.

The end of the ravine, but not THE end of things..



After these steps we go into the cave system...



That 's far as it goes with this room, ending the cave.


3am, and that's just the basics - the walkway all the glass roofs, some vines, the wood flooring and steps and railings and basic lighting! I think I want to see it through. Plenty of walls still need fixing, all walls need new materials (Housing level & mall level, but not upper ravine level/green foliage area.) Then I have to decide where the homes are going to be...

Now be honest, if this was on a server wouldn't it be a cool place for a shopping mall?! Housing there only for the elite & wealthy! Okay you couldn't really dig down to extend your home, but you could extend it as far back as you want! To the side, to some extent on where your next door neighbor's home is. Although there wouldn't be loads of apartments, maybe a dozen well spread out ones?

This is what has made me a little crazy, this is what I do when I'm bored!

2 comments:

  1. That's actually a pretty interesting idea. I may feel the need to try this myself. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. would you mind telling me the texture pack?

    ReplyDelete

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts