Tuesday 24 January 2012

World#2 for Planet Minecraft Release?

Due to the size of my World#2 I'm about to release, I have decided I am going to try and upload it to Planet Minecraft for all of you to download the save. This does mean a few restrictions however.


You probably can't have resources in the save, so I've had to taken them out, but both SinglePlayerCommands and the Water Shader mod (1.1) are easy enough to find in the mod section of the official Minecraft forums. Another stipulation is no texture packs that are other people's, not even the "choose your options" painterly, so you won't be able to have the texture pack either I'm afraid. I may use a free separate service however just for this so you can have it. In the end I want to release this world, so I have to abide by their rules and regulations. =)


I actually tried to make a new video for this world but didn't switch it to peaceful (From hard) so there were a lot of out-takes where things got blown up, I ended up repairing as I toured. As of the moment, I haven't tried again. On the way round though I did notice a few other very minor things that needed doing - the corner of the far end of the nether bridge was missing, (Enderman?), the male changing rooms had minor creeper damage that I'd forgotten had happened, and a few other bits and bobs. All repaired for the final release however. I also went around the art gallery adding Glowstone and getting rid of all those torches, the results are much better! Much more lighter!


Before & Afters:















The cobblestone still isn't ideal, If I had more time I'd try and find more clay to make the entire have brick walls, or maybe snow, that's a possible idea I could squeeze out before the release. If I had more time as well  I'd also change the stone roof to white wool, although with the snow walls it might make it a bit sterile. But the texture of the snow should differentiate between that and the plain white of the ceiling.

Similarly I noticed the spacing between the supports of the first bridge, the cobble one, weren't even, so of course, being the perfectionist/anal retentive/having minecraft OCD, I had to sort that out! Whilst I was doing so I added glow stone around the bottom of the pillars of the bridge, under water. So it's even lit up there too and looks great with the water shader mod! Whilst doing so I changed the pillars under the water to some mossy cobblestone I had, up to the water surface level. After all - it's under water so if in real life, it would be a bit mossy wouldn't it!


Here are a load of pictures, which also include some night screen-shots - as I don't take enough of those.



















Since I started took these screen-shot earlier, I have added more Glowstone around the back of the mountain, where the waterfall flows back into the ocean. It's just security lighting embedded in the dirt walls, but it helps light the place up.


I might try changing the art gallery walls tonight to snow (Will go nicely with the wood?) and see how it looks in a small area. If it's okay, I might do it all whilst I wait for my confirmation from Planet Minecraft to come through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts