Wednesday 4 January 2012

Bathroom Blues




Progress on this world has been a little slow as I have had some major doubts about the location of the bathroom. I resolved it just before this post but, because of where it was, with the diagonal walls, i just began to doubt whether that was the best place. Work of a different kind has been done in the corridor following the bathroom..

Above: Before the change.



After the change.



Quite the change!

As I can see, after the success of the arch way to the kitchen, I've continued the theme. Glowstone will be used eventually to light up that dark area behind the glass. Using sandstone as a corridor wall (Aka as in World#2) is very me, but on painterly it was sandstone bricks, where as these are very, very nice sandstone blocks, so I think I can get away with it! (Re-using an idea.) Incidentally, in the first picture you might notice the bathroom door and wall it was on has gone in favour of that little new alcove corner and short wall for the door. I only did this just before this post when I went to take screenshots initially.

I had to play around with where that door went and the walls, a good few times, but ultimately it has re-shaped the inside of the bathroom from this:



To this:



By the time the inner walls go in, it'll be more of a longer bathroom than wide, but that's okay. Just realized because of that, I may lose one of those four windows in the last picture. The border is for the inner walls, but as you can see, compared to originally the room space is much more rectangle-ish.




A good deal of work has begun on building the upstairs!:



Alot of other work has also gone on inside the house since you last saw it. The kitchen is coming along:


The first farms are in a bit more prettier surroundings, since you last saw it (Horrible cobble that looked like cracked stone, stone floor, a window hole for the wheat farm):


It didn't stop there however, as you can see in front of me there's more going down! I was watching a Minecraft video on YouTube when I got a sudden idea to build more farms underneath starting with a reed/sugar cane farm - with pond:



And yes, I did cut them down just now for this picture. :p In that door way will eventually be a cactus farm as well. Just to give you an idea how far down this room is, here's something to give you a little perspective:


I digress however, I had my fun with this, but now it's time to continue building the upstairs!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts