Wednesday 25 January 2012

Art Gallery/Planet Minecraft problems...

I've asked for my activation e-mail to be sent from Planet Minecraft 3 - 4 times now and it's still not come. I know it's not my e-mail address that's the problem as I use it every day. So I know it's up to date and can get sent stuff to it. As this rate World#2 won't be going up there because I'll never be able to login. *RAGE*


Speaking of World#2, I did start trying different things for the art gallery, a bit of a re-furnish that I mentioned yesterday. *It should be noted I did this on my version of the world, legit, so I haven't done the Glowstone lighting on my copy yet.


A small test corner:



I think it looks alright, but if I did just white all the way rounds it might be a bit sterile, which gave me an idea. Introducing a little bit of colour:




I think if I do just little "splashes" of colours on sections of walls it will look quite nice. Snow Golem makes a mess in the gallery though during the works! I conduct the next tests in the actual saved world you'll get though, because the modern Glowstone will give me more of an idea of how it will look properly. With said Golem, all the walls will be legit as will the wool ceiling- IF I re-do them too. For the save you'll get I'll try and do the coloured wall sections legit as much as possible, but I may have to cheat a little - i'll see how it goes, but it will all be tried legit first.

Of course when taking pictures, there's always that one Snow Golem that tries to photo-bomb your screen-shot!:


Oh and at the far end of the nether bridge, on the other side at the chunk border, I used TNT to turn this:



Into this:


Really happy how that turned out!




On this world I had searched around for a good place to mine and found a big stone patch in the middle of nowhere, after setting a waypoint, I began a strip mine. One very long tunnel later and I hit lava in my branch, at floor level, so I back up and created careful steps down to it. After carefully mining around a lava lake, I climbed up this ledge into a big cave that split in to, the right side led to here:


That's not all. This great big cave also just goes on and on onto other caves. I died about 2 -3 times trying to light the place because it was so dark and there were so many mobs, but I managed to get all my stuff back. Eventually i came out to this thin narrow bit, (Not realising I'd stumbled upon a ravine), found gold and when I looked up:


Abandoned Mine above!

I made a cobble path up using blocks, and had an explore, was there for ages. Found a nice amount of gold and iron, during the whole expedition I also found diamonds so now I have all diamond tools and I still have 9 diamonds spare! It was only on a second risit I looked the other way and realised there was a ravine, naturally.

I also went a little crazy on the wooden stair-cases, creating roof over-hangs for outside, but as I think you can see it looks quite nice I think!:



If I can find some Obsidian, or manipulate water and lava to make some, I'll make a portal and go to the nether, so I can utilize Glowstone inside and do away with the torches. I also have made a start on the interior bathroom walls using white wool and Lapis I found during the expedition. I'm really not sure about the Lapis blocks though:


Lastly I improved the steps down to the storage room. I decide to keep the cobblestone walls as it looks nice on this texture pack, (Soartex), so made all the walls cobblestone, I did change add some moss brick detail though and the stairs are stone brick to differentiate from the cobble walls:




Hope to try and squeeze in a few last posts before January. where I've been slacking.


1 comment:

  1. So dark...

    Out of the 15 screenshots, only 5 are sufficiently lit.

    Boost Minecraft/Options/Brightness up if you're taking screenshots or video for publication. I mean WAY up, so that there's basically no dark at all.

    Then, use an image processing program (GIMP is one) to boost the brightness of any shot that's still too dark.

    Your readers will be happier for it.

    ReplyDelete

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts