Friday 22 July 2011

WOLF KILLER!

I have so far managed to resist making lots of paintings for "signs" as designated last post, but I have been up to other things however. In world1, my underground home, I've been adding a new dimension to my walls after recently re-doing the floor. All the way along the corridor up to the "nice area" and the lobby stair entrance of said area, I have been doing this:




Hidden door through the waterfall.
I also built a mantelpiece in the "nice area", with a fireplace underneath, not a traditional fireplace however, just space for some Netherrack to set alight. Unfortunately, I didn't have any Netherrack which meant a trip to the Nether. I already had my old portal on a mountain opposite fort no.2, which you get to via the cobblestone sky-bridge. The portal is enclosed in a small enclosed area however. Due to this a very long time ago I had to either dig my way up to the Nether surface (Which was a fail) or dig down. I did dig down to an area which led to the main Nether area, but because of that, my portal is so hidden in that enclosed area. Meaning, if you fly around the Nether, which I did, it's very hard to re-locate it. And easy to then get lost, which I also did.

Wednesday night I got stuck in the nether, my pick run out, I had iron ingots, but forgot to bring wood in my haste for handle. I also forgot my work bench. With no wood for either of those things I was stuck in the Nether. /sand biome (One of my waypoints) on the SinglePlayerCommands buried me underground so I would slowly suffocate, so I had to quickly do /home, which returned me to the Nether. Thankfully I did have some torches spread around the area and managed to find the man made Netherrack block stairs back up to my portal. As soon as I was back through the first thing I did was punch a tree! Well, I used my axe. I ended up going back and making the area more visible in-case I did fly around the Nether, so I wouldn't lose it again. Whilst there I dodged Ghasts to collect plenty more Glowstone - might as well.

With the Netherrack installed and lit in the fire place, I went down to level #7 with the lava pools, I had an idea. I proceeded to go about and take alot of torches down and placed stumpy Netherrack half pillars and lit them:



As you can see, fire doesn't make an area light up very well, but that's not the point. I kind of like it that way because it is the lava pools level, so it makes things a little creepier if only partially lit. In some areas it seemed when initially carving out walls and leveling things off, I had spam torched a bit, so that was an extra reason to do it. I have an excess of torches now. XD.

Need to start those "sign" paintings and add wool ceilings to the overlooking viewing room in the "nice area" and the ceiling in level 5's "one up, one down room". As a reminder, this is the room:


Still need to figure out what I'm going to use this room for!
Last night however, I spent a very, very long time starting an idea I'm bound to regret starting! Before I get to that however I should mention my dogs. I have 20 dogs, and recently I found out they share a spawn rate with the other animals. So if you have lots of dogs the neutral animal mobs spawn rate might suffer. I decided to keep, just two. I couldn't bring myself to kill the other 18 though, so I took them out from their kennel for a walkies to battle mobs. Despite the very poor health of some to begin with, they actually lasted a lot longer than expected. When I reached the last 1 however, I was almost, almost tempted to keep him as he beat 17 others in staying alive. Since reducing my pets I have noticed a much bigger spawn of pigs, cows chicken and sheep at night! Especially sheep. The bad thing however, is that now, almost every night 4 - 5 wolves spawn around my house! So now I have to protect my precious sheep! I let the wolves wander, but if they kill a sheep, that's it, they feel the sharp end of my bow and arrow. This has happened and I've been forced into a life of wolf killing, something I never wanted to do in the first place! The dog kennel itself, I have chopped in half, I was going to pull it all down for a much smaller one but decided just to half it instead. Still plenty of room for two doggies.

The thing I started, was a maze. I decided I really wanted one. Choosing a spot was hard, I didn't want to level another mountain like I did for the pool and tennis court - but I needed a relativity flat land.  I ended up choosing the top of a mountain over looking my base:

Had to extend the back of the mountain out for size.

And begun work...






Let's hope I don't regret starting this project!

I had to sleep through the night just now to bring you that last picture, when I awoke there was a creeper outside my bedroom door, the main outer entrance door. With 15 arrows I opened the door and let him in to shoot him to death, but despite being far enough way, he shot his load. Will have to rebuild the side entrance to my bedroom exterior wall now! Also blew some of the glass out from the window wall/long window along the main frontage.

Fuckin' creepers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts