Wednesday 20 July 2011

Déjà vu

Didn't think I'd be posting again so soon, but last night I continued on world1 and really got to work on those farms I talked about on level 4 of my underground home. Before, I already had the reed pond, but I wasn't sure how I was going to lay out the area for a wheat and mushroom farm. Especially as I had been knocking walls down, as well as a hole underneath the ground level, but it's worked out pretty well. I sort of knew how I was going to shape the farm, but once again i tried making a trail of dirt from level #1 down to level #4 to grow grass down there. Underground.



I kept my computer on overnight again, but kept it on peaceful this time so hundreds of mobs would spawn behind walls. I've only just laid dirt on that top level by the wheat farm, so it'll take time to grow. Around by the top left corner, where it's dark, there's a one up/one down area for the mushroom farms, the "down" bit being a natural hole.



The door, (If you can see it on the right), leads to another small cave which I've turned into a cactus farm. Plenty of green wool to be had soon:


This morning as I laid the last cactus, I have wandered if I should make a livestock room, lit well to spawn cows, pigs.chicken and sheep? The other idea was having a storage level? Maybe? I have my little shed on level one (As well as another wheat farm around the corner from it), but that is only meant to be a small storage shed. My other stored stuff is all the way down on level #7 (lava pool level) where my makeshift home is. I need somewhere large though where I can have separate chest for each material - wool, wood, cobble etc.

I've just had another idea as well, but I need to open Minecraft and take a screenshot before this will make sense. Done. Okay here is where my makeshift home is behind the double doors in the first picture:


Other angle:


Lava corner:


So what I'm now thinking is, instead of that makeshift home behind the doors in picture #1, maybe I should have this entire immediate area as my home?! It's plenty big enough!

The other thing I forgot whilst I opened up Minecraft to take that screenshot, (And it's only because I was in my original noob house from Sept 2010 earlier), is that - because of this separate painterly pack for this world, I forgot I changed the paintings to signs. Whilst opening up minecraft to take that screenshot I ended up putting a "No fishing" sign above the squid pen on level #1, a proper green with white letters "exit" sign by the side of my emergency exit and a "Warning: Farm fields. Please watch your step" next to the entrance of the farm level. I had to stop before I got too carried away as I got so many ideas in that moment. Ideas like the warning stripe all along the way along the emergency exit corridor with arrow pointing signs to show the way to go, and all sorts of signs everywhere. Tonight I might make an access of sticks and use all the yellow wool I have (As I'n not likely to use yellow wool) and create as many signs as possible!





Guess I know what I'll be doing tonight! And posting about tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts