Tuesday 19 July 2011

This and That

I've been making a few small improvements lately, as well as keeping to my promise in the last post. I have completed three "gates" on the Nether-bridge now, and lit them and work is going very well on the library, which as well as just continuing to make bookcases, I've also started changing the walls. I've got a mock up of this world on a "test world" and tried many, many different combinations for wall textures for the library, but couldn't settle on one. At last I went with contemporary.


On this test world I had a great idea for an accent to the side of the stairs at the outside entrance, sadly it involved logs, and with lava so near by - it wasn't an option. I tried half-blocks on the stone like on the brick wall but it still didn't look right, all half blocks looked even worse. So I kept thinking and thinking about half-blocks and came up with this mixture of sand and sand stone half-blocks:



Still don't like those clay blocks, ever since 1.5 where wooden stairs now burned  - I've never found a good replacement. Tonight I changed them to cobblestone stairs, it looks okay, but I'm not completely sold on it yet.

Also did the back:



The Nether-bridge:



Still might change the design on the gates, not that keen on them.

And lastly the library:



Will change the ceiling to wool blocks too, white wool for my "Asbestos ceiling tile" look.

Added lava down two sides of Mount DOooooom! but kinda bodged a bit up. Shame there's not infinite burning logs any more. Had to widen the top of the fort as well (must be even on all sides dammit!), so it now looks chunkier. Logistical nightmare though. Rain has just sort of stopped so here's an updated picture:


That's all I really have for today. =)



EDIT: Just took a screenshot of the new overhang, at the front of the entrance, no more clay blocks, better? worse? Meh, can't decide:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts