Sunday 3 July 2011

1.8 Plans

I thought I'd share my 1.8 plans when it comes out. Originally I was going to start a brand new world with 1.7, but when the pistons & shears got pushed forward - it pushed this back to the new 1.8. But here are the full details of not one, but possibly two new worlds!


So when 1.8 does come out, I plan to make another home in the side of the mountain - but this won't be a "home" it will be a base. A full on base with defenses and all sorts! There will be no "living rooms" but recreation areas, no bedrooms but a sleeping dormitory/ies with multiple bunks, weapons room, storage rooms defensive walls, the works! I'm still trying to find a good spot to build, there's a lot of mountain overhangs which are hollow underneath. One of the places I might start is here:






These are some other choices:








As I said previously, I found this one a first try when playing with seeds, usually I have to go through and try at least a dozen. I did experiment with a few other seed ideas the other day, just to expand my options. And upon spawn I came up with this:



Now is that not BEGGING for a home to be built up there?! I wasn't going to do an "1.8" home as I've tried underground homes, homes in the side of mountains, homes on top of mountains, on flat lands (Beta home), but something HAS to be build up there! So I may well build a home up there. Maybe something a little different, I've been looking at tudor homes recently as I've always loved their quaint little style. The ideas with water coming down from the drop, whether on the edges or in the middle (Where there's a big square hole), the ideas are coming thick and fast! Which is why there maybe a second world at the same time when 1.8 is released. It woun't be the main focus however, the base will.

Thankfully I've plenty of time to explore.

In the meantime...

I've been doing more on my Tavern. Finished the roof, added some shelving behind the bar and shelving high up near the roof. Just need to add few pictures and do the garden area. (Which after seeing a picture will have piston benches!)



When it's complete, I guess it's back to finishing the multiplayer home on this world, although that's a long way to get to without SinglePlayerCommands.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts