Thursday 31 May 2012

End Of May Update - YogBox, Kingdoms Tier #4

So I've been meaning to post this for a while, so I might as well post it all in one go.


Lately I've been screwing around with the YogBox, I've not tried it since the early days so I thought it'd be interesting to try again, especially after the videos using it that I've seen from people I'm subscribed to on YouTube. I', not sure really how the Millenaire with it - works within this, as they seem to just build anyway. I can't find any sort of "town hall" either. After a while of pratting around I eventually decided I had to face the battle tower I had seen nearby. I'll tell you one thing though, now I can understand why inthelittlewood on YouTube jumps at the boss at the top! That noise is horrible, horrible! Thankfully, after dying a few times, one of his attacks backfired and he fell through the floor underneath him! This meant I could attack him through the doorway of the next floor down. I did it however, and lived there for a while, converting what was left of said battle tower after it crumbled, into a home.


I also found a tree behind it that was naturally made out of logs.  I thought it was so cool that I decided to made a hole in the side to place a door and use it for a tree house, but it was a;ready occupied! A number of skeletons bosses lived there, and slightly more powerful one at the top as well! there was also nasty stuff in a basement I found!




Moving on..


Don't hate me for still not updating the banner! After this post I promise!

The Enchantment room is done! The triple sized reed farm along the shore line helped greatly, and last from last time, It has gone from this:


Three-quarters of the way around the room to this:



As previously mentioned, all the floor is made up of bookcases as well. There has also been a major change to the back room the the rear of the mountain the one that faces the "Eye Mountain " on the other side of the water which has the Portal to the nether. Up until now this has just been carved into the mountain, and so was still largely made out of stone and made from the natural formation of the mountain. Also, the only way to get to this room was out the front down and up to the left where I dug into the mountain, down a short corridor in the mountain, followed by a much longer one. However I had an idea... I was describing this world and surrounding area on the Minecraft forums and took this picture:


The dirt bridge across to the portal gave me an idea to do another one exactly the same on the left side - to mark the formation of a proper bridge across! At the moment I think it might be a glass bridge, but following the recent trend on World #2 of creating new stair cases to existing places, I set about trying to see if there was a way to this room from inside the house, instead of outside and through a dirt corridor in the mountain.


After digging around I came out just along the upstairs corridor a little way down from the Enchantment room door! Now instead of going out my front door and through a dirt corridor in the mountain, I could access it easily from Upstairs inside the house. Here is the progress of the room so far:







It still needs furnishing, but as you can see it's a world of a difference! No, I couldn't decide whether I wanted the wall around the door or not, (Originally going to be just gates out), but I decided it would ruin the view. I just wouldn't get that 180 degree view, the only way to do it - as I was using glass panes, was to have glass blocks around the door and mixing it up with panes, but it's worked out pretty nice. I'll have this as a little lobby/observation area/waiting room, so maybe some tables and seating eventually etc.

In making this post today however, and taking some of these screen-shots, I found myself at the spawn point when i opened this world - with no weapons/tools, anything. I don't remember loosing them. Maybe I died and rage-quit? I don't remember. Luckily I have plenty of iron though.


Kingdom of Animus
I am on the verge of a Tier level #4 kingdom! I was mistaken before, there is a large house that has to be built on level #3, it was on the right of the menu so I must have missed it. Three small houses and one large houses. The workers built a small house first, then the large and another small. and only the other day, I set them to build the chapel, which, - with me being non-religious, was always going to come last. What a fine chapel it is though!:


Even for a generated structure, I have have to say it is quite impressive! Currently I am gathering materials for the upgrade to level #4 tier, but have made provisions for my belongings this time. Just outside the kingdom, on the site of one of the former wrecked villages I have made a very small hut. (It really is very small!) It is enough however to store a double chest of my belongings though, so I won't lose anything in the upgrade this time and it won't be wiped out by the upgrade, I may expand it properly over time however.
 It's also very handily across the narrow river by my mining cave.


I've flattened the one block dirt grass blocks lying about and have been filling the pot holes with dirt and replacing the cobblestone in the ground, (Seen in the last picture), with dirt also, to grass over. Eventually I'll take out all the nether blocks too and replace them with dirt for a nice grassy area, restore the ground to as nature intended before it was burned down! You may also notice I've been busy planting trees around in my immediate area. more than anything it so I can expand the hut, but it looks nice too. There's pine, beech and normal oak trees. Each of these will have a torch around the bottom as well to help them grow faster as usual.

This hut is well away from my Kingdom so will not get touch/wiped out or affected by the upgrade to tier level #4, I look forward to expanding this house. In the mean-time I need plenty more logs for wood planks and about 3 stacks more cobble before I can go on to level #4! it's coming! What new buildings await?!

Also I accidentally pressed the "y" key and got this:


I don't know how it relates to the mod exactly yet, but I do know what Excalibur is, (Of course), and chose "Sword Form", so now I have a funky gold sword that I'll use as soon as my soon to be dead iron sword runs out! Maybe I should try other keys?.. I'm also thinking, IF the YogBox converts to 1.2.5 maybe combining it with Kingdom? More adventure, more danger?

For now though, on to Tier level #4!










2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say that I enjoy your blog and I linked it with mine, thefablecraft.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks chronomax! I shall browse your blog with interest!

    ReplyDelete

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts