Friday 8 June 2012

The Latest Updates

So there's been quite a few snapshots lately, so as a bit of a filler post I thought I'd share a few of my thoughts.


For the most most part I'm pretty happy with everything, but getting the negative out the way first here's only a couple of things that I ponder upon. Firstly, the "F" key to reload chunks was a great idea but sadly it's been reverted, which is a shame because reloading them so they reload correctly, was a major plus IMO. I was one also, who thought that thought that Jeb meant slabs could actually placed flat on walls, not just on the side, sadly it doesn't appear so. Is Jeb trolling us? Bit of a shame as it is a great idea. And that really is it for the negatives, not much at all.


On the plus, I think the new trip-wire is a GREAT idea! I don't play multiplayer maps but I can see how they will be extremely helpful there, hidden in the dark where they're practically impossible to see. (Making sure you hide the hooks!) I also think they will be good for some security too on SP worlds. I haven't got anything set up currently as I suck at these things, I'm terrible at Redstone stuff even - anything I can get to work with Redstone is considered a minor miracle! The temples continue to be interesting although I've not explored any yet, and villager AI and trading seems to be going from strength to strength.


Boats are definitely better, and fast I noticed too whilst doing a bit of work in my underground home in World#1 recently. (When I had to go travelling for sand. They do seem easier to control and a big improvement, although perhaps a bit too fast now?! I haven't done any experimenting with Emeralds yet, but what do you think - should there be Emerald blocks, even tools?




Kingdom of Animus
Is on hiatus. Basically, the updates were fan updates as the original mod maker disappeared, but now the fan updater has stopped due to pressure. At the moment there seems to be no level #4 Tier, which is what I need to update to. So I can't really do anything at the moment. I did employ 10 archers and scattered about the Kingdom in-case of attack, you never know! I have also made my out of Kingdom home bigger, with a nice birch plank floor. It's about all I can do.




Livestreaming
I finally got a head-set with a microphone and did a few test broadcasts, one on my 1.9.5 world, but I don't recommend watching the highlight as I was still having problems and echoing still. I did find lapis and added 6 more blocks to the bathroom. Not much else has happened.


I may be doing a livesteam - live all-day on Sunday at Twitch.tv. (http://www.twitch.tv/leangreen76), either Minecraft or various PC games I have. No set time yet, but maybe from 10am GMT, all day and night into the wee hours. I will be starting with an old favorite of mine on the SNES, but that's all I'm telling you for now1 You're welcome to go along, but go easy on me as it will be my first ever broadcast.




World#1
Finally with the recent updates, I picked up the underground home again, finally being able to add the sandstone stairs upside down to the arch on the Level #3 corridor. I have also finally updated the Painterly texture pack again finally, with so many things now like books & quills, coloured slabs, coloured wood etc, the update was long overdue. I may make a separate post about this as the new room on level #1 has now become an "above" store room and the old storage shed has been knocked down! :( More on this next post maybe.


That's about all, I've got next week of work so hopefully posts will pick up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts