Tuesday 8 May 2012

CREATIVE: Old Worlds Part #1

A little other sideline I've been doing, that I wasn't originally intending to post about is continuing old worlds on Creative. Old worlds that I'm "Done with" and am not going to continue with, such as my old world#2 and World #3 (Latter = 1.5 world, see: Here.)


What it entails is taking a world i have no intention of continuing, that has run it's course, making a copy of that save and turning the game mode to Creative. It's a "What would I have done if I had continued this world!". Today, in this part, we will be looking at my old world #2. Sure there were small odd jobs I could've continued with, but I wanted to move on from the world. I have still thought about this world though and what I would do, certainly utilize the coloured wood nowadays. So when I began this I only thought I'd be changing 1 or two things, but that's one thing with Creative - it's easy to get carried away, especially when you can place and remove blocks easily. I also went into the painterly pack and changed the default wood from that horrid brown, I hate it now. One of the good things that has come out of it though is the small changes - like not having stairs to the bedroom outside the mountain! (And thus trying to find a new route up to it inside.) Extending the rear lounge and making aesthetic changes inside that really, really, do, make a difference.


So are some before's and afters pictures, with a little explanation.


First of a little overview of the place itself, from the outside


Before:



After:




Certainly a few differences, as well as the second set of stairs leading up to the bedroom outside, which are now gone, there's also another strange nether-stair roof where i turned the old mushroom farm inside into a small medical facility/treatment room. (Getting the idea of turning the top of the mountain into a heliport.)  The top of the mountain has changed from a fort-like architecture to a wall with a now new brick building on the roof! New board-walk, a new bridge - twice as big!


let's go inside however:








A change of couches no doubt, but as you can see I take advantage of the new coloured wood and have  stripped floorboards now. There is also the huge TV of course but you'll also note there's now an extra door (Picture #2) just behind the facing couch.


This was the only place I could link up to the bedroom on the inside because of the layout. With the back "Viewing room" several blocks away (Or so) behind that, wall, I sill had to be very careful. What I created was a narrow stairway up from this point to the bedroom:

From the front room:


And up these very long stairs into the bedroom:


Before:
   


A very simple idea, cutting up into the corner of the bedroom. As the old cobble corridor was blocked off, these second stairs now led to the rear lounge upstairs, which was now cut off because of the new building on top of the mountain, it's stairs down and adjoining corridor which ran parallel to the side of the cobble corridor. Due to the decoration of that adjoining corridor, some blocks showed through in the cobble corridor, which is why it was closed off. The old link between bedroom and rear lounge was now sealed off for these new stairs.

Whilst we're in the bedroom however, let's pause as there is also a brand new kitchen, a small little lobby - just before the bathroom (Making way for some more stairs to the side which lead down), and the spare bedroom was redecorated:


 





As you can probably tell, my hatred and extermination for cobble continued opting for brick replacement with a sand feature wall. nice TV up on the wall too huh? I was pleased how this turned out. The cobble extermination also continued into the main bedroom:


All brick and sand was cobble, where I was stood here, was the old door to the outside stairs up to this bedroom that are now more. Here's that little lobby also with the extra stairs in before and afters:





Leads all the way down to here:


Before:

New access stairs, in the last two shots the barely seen door leads back into the corridor between the front room and the dining room, so the immediate door is the old access up from the corridor via a ladder and water shoot down:

Finally for today, and I'll leave it here as this post is huge already, this is where those upper stairs from the bedroom lead, into the rear lounge:



Out from that tiny door! Out from what is now the extended part of the rear lounge, the sofa's there (Albeit moved) but the fire-place has also moved with a great big TV not, table and a lampshade. More before and afters in the long shot:

Before:


After:


In the next part I'll cover the new building on top of the mountain, the refurbished library - with underground archive room now! Also general aesthetics like the corridors and improved church across the see. Depending of the size of the post maybe the finished art gallery (At last!), but that may be a separate past as there's a lot of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts