Friday 13 May 2011

One More Done/Giving up the Beta?

I finally finished the changing room days and days ago on World2. I still have to put the paper in the toilet paper dispensers of said toilets in both changing rooms - but it's a small detail. I did all I said though in the girls - sandstoned the rest of the floor, added benches, added shower heads (levers) and the skylights. They are done, so that's another of the list. Just leaves me the Nether bridge and the expansion of the library, but I may take a break.


I found myself sidetracked by World1 - with the sky-bridges and underground home.


I only went on to have a little nostalgic look again when I got the idea to transform the ground of level #1 of my underground home. Currently, it was all smooth stone. The last time we saw it on this blog it looked something like this:



There was an over-hang over the single door with sandstone columns and the front of the overhang being wool, later on. Not sure if I posted it. So yeah, after having this painterly pack for a while, things have changed, and the other night I changed that stone to grass:




Also gravel-ed out the flooring below and turned the column and rest of the wall into cobblestone, as well as 3/4 of the emergency exit - giving it two automatic doors and a proper entrance. I got carried away! Also changed the viewing area a bit, the small room inside it is now a spawn room with a proper bed. No more spawning on the beach a good 5 minutes away via a dirt tunnel!





I used the Minecraft Level Tools to get the seed for my World2 - the mountain base/home and tried to find it again. Found the rough sort of area but after two accidental deletions, it's just not the same original place as it once was due to regeneration. I have never tried it with this World1 though, which gave me the idea to try...

Those pictures above are from World1, the world with the sky-bridges between mountains and a home on each mountain, plus the underground home above. As it was my first ever world back in V1.1_02, pre Alpha, it remains very N00by-ish. Which is why there's the underground home - to retain the world as it was and my then n00b skills - or lack of them in September 2010. So currently it's like this:


Using those Minecraft level tools, I got the seed and found the co-ordinates pretty easily to the untouched original world!:


Due to it being a pre-Alpha world, there are a few subtle changes, like instead of trees to the right of the mine/future underground home entrance - there's now sand and birch trees on the second mountain. A few slight changes, but all very minor! I have an idea for this, but will post it tomorrow.

Oh as for the Beta world bit, I'm gonna jack it in, it just doesn't hold the fascination like the old Alpha world2 mountain home/base. I know I said about doing the docks and Captain's quarters, but never say never. I might come back to it one day.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts