Sunday 1 May 2011

All The Small Things

I thought I posted this, but trawling through the blog I guess not. Whilst in the Nether of my Alpha Mountain home, I found an unlit portal I never knew was there. After getting some flint & tinder I returned and lit it and ventured through. I was a bit anxious as I had no idea where it would take me, but it turned out to be a nice hilly land with a small snow biome. This was all well and good, nice area and all that, but a few days ago I made a discovery. I was wandering in this new land and left it too late to get back, after failing to locate my portal I ventured through some trees and after 5 minutes or less came to quite an extra-ordinary discovery! My other portal!


The very same portal I created after I accidently deleted this world and spawned on the beach. The two portals are literally in a straight line from each other through a small gathering of trees, about a few minutes walk away from each other. I went exploring on here found plenty of sand, more clay which was once rare on this old world. Other that that I've just been doing a lot of small things. When I found the clay I had an idea about what to do with it, an idea I got whilst at work, meaning I couldn't think of anything else during the night - nor could I wait to get home to try it. It was time for the next revamp of the front entrance. One thing that has always slightly bothered me was the cobblestone.






With this texture pack (Painterly) it looks fine, but the front still lacks something, even with the cobble overhang I did I was still like: "meh." So whilst at work I got an idea to replace it with brick, even making it two width to the side of the bay window, shown on the left of here by the birch tree. Unfortunately the four glass above the door didn't quite sit right with me leading to all sorts of problems on what to do with it. Eventually it turned out like this however:


A Tree for a tree - Yeah, the birch on the left burned down, but the one on the right finally grew! After a week!
It looks a LOT more homely right now, It also prompted me to change the back entrance, and yesterday the rear lounge entrance:




I also filled in the middle line in the tennis courts and decided to change the left side wall into the same fort-esq style after all so it matches. Should have done this all along.


Not much else to report, added a bench/chair in the park, and added a gold block behind the plaque in the dinning hall:


I suppose I should finish the library extension. I keep saying this, but it's such a chore making bookcases, gathering so much reed/sugar cane for paper to make books to make bookcases - ugh. Could continue the changing rooms, I have more sand, but no doubt I'll need even more, the sandstone tiled floor is what takes it all.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts