Friday 20 May 2011

I *HEART* My new Home!

Yesterday as I posted, I was thinking how already I have too much stuff for my double chest because of the mining. Already I was thinking - "I need a storage basement!", so that's what i did very late last night. As well as adding a bit more to my home, I began digging down from the bedroom downstairs, to create a basic cobblestone storage area with lots of chests.











I also really need to take a stack of wheat with me when I go cave exploring, which means I need a small farm of some sorts, so I began that as well this morning and completed as well as a small pond to the rear of my house for a reed/sugar cane farm. The Farm being to the left of the house (approaching, right from within). I wondered how I could dig a hole so it looked like a natural hole for a pond, but in the end just used dynamite. I only dug i block down and placed one TNT I had made and made quite a creeper sized hole. Quite deep.

I doubt you'll see the back of the house, as shown here, much.

This is by the side exit/entrance.


It looks like the mine definitely will be an underground town rather than a home as I love this new home too much now. The original was "meh, it's a wooden hut", but I really do like this one. I guess it's because the old one was around Alpha time when my skill where noobish, so the house was pretty basic, but because I know more this time, I've fallen for my little home!


I have found one major difference to the Beta version of this old original Alpha world however. There is no plains & mountains to the back of my house.


It's just ocean. Which means no cobble sky-bridge this time, and no fort2 version 2. Pity. I guess it means I can start crafting the underground city now though as I can't do much more to the home. (Not without going OTT with bathrooms and other stuff, but I don't want to be doing that otherwise it'll end up turning into a mountain base, and I have one of those already. (Which I kinda miss, but this is keeping me too busy to really miss at the moment, as will it when the underground city begins.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts