Wednesday 2 March 2011

LOST.IN.SNOOOOOOOOOW!

After dying each time to get sand, having to go further each time to get it and it getting dark, I finally found the enthusiasm to get some more after losing all my stuff. I have now finished both interior and exterior walls with sandstone! I was going to just have 1 layer of sandstone above the windows and then a single log border, but decided there wouldn't be enough depth between window and log so settled on two. Using insta-tree again I also logged all the way round, this i block border would be the last level before the roof. Whatever I decide to use for that.




I also realized my house looked very square from certain angles - but this is not the case! There are alcoves! So I began taking some three-quarter screen-shots:





Now, the second great ceiling phase begins! And for that I would again need a shit-load of wool. Luckily whilst trying to find enthusiasm to get more sand, I had continued to collect wool whenever I saw sheep and had about 2 stacks. Unfortunately it took almost all that just to cover the first room! That's when I went sheep hunter over the snow biome near me, and became lost. You always think "okay I just turn back and head the way I come", but then you turn and it's: "Where was it I had to head to?". I got a little lost.

Okay, I got alot lost!

The more I traveled the more lost I got and further away I got. The good thing however is I found a shallow cave and there was plenty of iron or - and coal to replace what I lost when I died the first time. After my fall into that previous cave when the ground collapsed beneath me, I learned my lesson and stayed all night, and milked that cave dry of coal and Iron ore. I kept travelling getting more and more lost, building shelters at night, desperate to find a cave with lava for Redstone to make a compass. On my journey I however found lost of goodies about 2 stacks of clay blocks (About at least 4 stacks of clay blobs), a stack each of red and yellow follows, pumpkins, a shit load more coal - 3 stacks by the end, mushrooms galore! (Although only 6 of the red.), natural sandstone (bring my 5 up to a stack) and lots of goodies, came across a dungeon too. Each time my inventory got full I had to chuck away what I could live without.

Eventually I gave up cave hunting and hit F3 and just followed the co-ordinates back home, I had made it home (Landing by Phase #2) and survived! Speaking of Phase #2, when you last saw it it looked like this:


Well, I finally removed the rest of that 16 layer hill and planted lots more trees:


I have now completed two of the ceilings on upstairs, out of the four and am working on the third:


Since this picture I have completed all around the edge of the third room and just have the middle to do. I counted and did the math and it will take a further stack of wool to complete! Now I really need to seriously start thinking about what I'm going to use for the roof...











No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts