Monday 21 March 2011

MOAR Cave + Special Project

I haven't really been doing much of late due to getting back in multiplayer again, but, since the last post I did visit that cave again and then the following day and mined the following:


Day: 2

4 stacks iron
39 lapis
tonnes of coal
11 diamonds
23 gold




DAY 3:
17 Iron Ore
2 stacks coal
32 lapis


As you can see, day two was successful, but by day three I'd pretty much got everything. At least by day three however, everything was so well lit I hardly came up against any mobs. The Lapis I found was enough to complete my front room carpet however!:



Just need to add more furnishings.






Occasional project:
Over last week I have begun another occasional project, my first Invedit mega-build. I don't know if I've been watching to many documentaries on Eden about our world, but I had the urge to make an ancient town. To find a big, or fairly big sand biome and create an ancient looking town - no wooden floors, no glass in windows. Alot of inspiration has come from looking at ancient Yemen. This is what I have so far:










The square-ish area in pic two was naturally there, but as shown, I have built the walls up. It took ages to flatten the ground and make it even, making this part legit as I had so much sand for sandstone. I will keep working on the columns along the wall. AT first they were just columns but then I got the idea of turning the one block sandstone decoration between them into walkways. It was because of this that I began getting an idea for a possible history for the place. That they were once battle forts to repel invaders in the old days, no longer used. The pattern is repeated on the outside of the walls but with one block sandstone decoration - no walkways between each column.


This is an occasional project, so updates will be scarce, as it is just me making it. My beta home is my priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts